Morning Greetings

Aesop found himself to be quite the light sleeper. It was already hard enough to get a good shut eye, and the dreams that followed usually consisted of past memories.

He's was used to dreams filled with pasts of his mother or Jerry, the only two people he was ever fond of in his life. However last night he was met with quite the different slumber.

He fell asleep almost immediately after his journaling. In his land of slumber he found himself walking within a forest. Nothing much there, just him and the environment. Soon he heard the sounds of an owl.

Screeching. In pain. Suffering.

He was used to that. Usually the people Jerry and him helped were in that state. Needing help in passing on. However something about this situation was different.

Aesop felt as if he was going to be sick.

The noises became louder and louder as the world seemed to warp around him. The only thing he could do was run now. So he ran, as fast as he could, as far as he could.

Nothing stopped though.

The screeches only increased, seeming to be all around him and as he continued to run he felt tears pricking in his eyes. Suddenly he heard a loud pounding. Perhaps someone was running after him, that he didn't know.

He looked behind him, covering his ears as he saw a figure running towards him.

Before he could get a good look he found himself jolting awake.

He looked around, still stuck within the manors walls. He had expected that the night prior had just been a bad dream but as the pounding continued his hopes were let down.

He stepped out of his bed, putting on his mask as he trudged to the door, wanting to end the profuse knocking.

He was met by Emma, the girl being slightly smaller than he was. He watched as her eyes widened, finally putting her hand to her side.

"Breakfast will be ready soon Mr. Carl!" She beamed, giving him a bright smile.

She instead was met by an uninterested glare before Aesop spoke up.

"I don't intend on eating with the others" he told her.

Emma's smile faltered only for a moment, before she regained her composure.

"Oh well, suit yourself!" She exclaimed. "I wouldn't want to force you into anything".

And with that she skipped down the hall.

Aesop gave a slight rub of his eyes before closing the door and returning back to sit on the side of his bed. He pondered for a moment if he really should go and meet the others to eat.

Maybe he'd be able to know the others better. Before anything, he went back to his desk, flipping to the page that contained information on the gardener.

"Quite the bubbly girl, slightly overwhelming but has good intent" he began to note. He closed the journal and went to the bathroom, deciding to straighten up and prepare for the new day.

____________________________________

Eli watched as Norton began to work on the next plate of food for the survivors, clearly experienced in cooking. He turned to meet eyes with Emily in the kitchen as she poured a small glass of orange juice and passed it to Naib, who he learned to be the Mercenary.

Norton smiled, finishing the last egg before passing the plate to Naib.

"Foods done" he smirked, to which Naib rolled his eyes before taking a slice of the bacon and taking a small bite.