9

"Welcome to the Valley's Halloween dance." Miguel smiled. "It looks so cool in here!" I exclaimed. I really can't believe how fast the time has passed, seems like just yesterday it was barely my first day arriving to this damned school. But, it's been over two months already and I've got to say it's been a hell of a two and a half months. I've of course been doing way more karate lessons, I'm still on rocky terms with Eli, Miguel still has no idea who I actually am, our relationship is still lowkey, and oh, I forgot to mention that I've become really good friends with Tory! I may not have friends at school, but it's nice to know someone aside from my boyfriend and a guy I've known since I was a kid wants to hangout with me. I haven't exactly told Miguel about her because she takes lessons at Cobra Kai, but she doesn't seem like an asshole to me.

"Don't give it that much credit, the decorators definitely went mediocre this year." Demetri chimed as he approached. "Way to be positive for her first Halloween dance, Demet." Miguel chuckled. Demetri rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to sugarcoat anything." "Right." Miguel stated, emphasizing the 't'. I just laughed at the two and kept looking at the decor. I will hand it to Demetri, it was pretty mediocre, still for my first Halloween dance it was pretty neat to me. Thankfully Eli and his douche bag friends decided to skip the dance and have their own thing I guess. "Hey y'all," Moon approached, "Amazing costumes!" "Thank you!" I smiled. "You guys look killer in them." She complimented once more. "I do make a pretty good Green Goblin, don't I?" Miguel stood with his nose up and chest puffed.

"The best." Moon laughed. "You look so cute in yours too!" I smiled to her. "Thank you! It was a last minute thing, but isn't it so cute?!" She gave a full 360 as her hair flipped. She was clearly Belle; however, she was wearing a tight short yellow dress, her hair curled, a black choker, and really cute black pumps. The only 'clear' part of her being Belle was the forearm length gloves and the rose in her hand. If she didn't have those, I'd have absolutely no idea who she dressed as.

"You look beautiful." Demetri offered a friendly smile to her. She smiled back, "Thanks!" "Shall we dance?" Miguel held his hand out for me. "I don't really dance." I sheepishly stated. "Just let loose this once? Please? For me..?" He was giving me the biggest puppy eyes in the world, and as much as I wanted to resist; I couldn't. "Fine." I caved. The four of us then made our way to the dance floor.

The dance has been going for a little over an hour now, and it's been extremely fun. We've been dancing, laughing, taking lots of pictures and videos. Tonight is really headed in the right direction. "You have no idea how much I really like you." Miguel smiled. Without thinking, I slipped out, "How can you like me when you don't even know me?" I nearly went pale in the face after I heard myself ask that aloud, it's usually a question I ask inside of my head. "What do you mean?" He questioned. I had absolutely nothing to say, I couldn't even think of a lie to say on the spot. Which is ironic isn't it? Since I've been lying to him since day one. My mouth opened, but before I could utter anything I was cut off. "Ladies and gentlemen, we're going to kick this dance in a slow smooth direction for a second. So all you lovely couples, or whatever else you are, please gather on the floor for the first slow dance of the night." The DJ announced.

Miguel looked to me and smiled, "May I have this dance?" I just smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, and his hands found my waist like magnets. This felt so magical honestly. The low lights, the music, being with him, everything in this moment was just so perfect. Gratefully, I learned how to slow dance when I was a little girl. We used to have family dances at every gathering, and Eli was always my partner of course. So, dancing with Miguel makes me feel like a kid again. That happy carefree child that was once me. I haven't felt this way in so long, and it's so liberating. He then started singing the lyrics into my ear, and I closed my eyes cherishing every second of it.