First Day

It was the first day of school, and I was already dreading it. I was dreading seeing Jonah most. I only knew him for 2 days, and he had already broken my heart into a million pieces. 

        I got dressed and ready, Alice giving me dirty looks every time I walked by. "Come on, we got to leave or you'll be late!" My Aunt yelled. We all packed into the car, and drove to the school only a few blocks away. 

        It was a tiny school, but what could I expect in a town with only 150 people living in it. I picked up my schedule from the main office, and found my first class pretty quickly, Chemistry. 

        And who was siting in the back? Jonah of course. Our eyes met, and he turned his eyes immediately away. Was I really that disgusting that he couldn't even look at me? 

        I sat up front as far away from him as I could. I always loved science, but for some reason chem didn't seem interesting, maybe because I couldn't focus, because all I was thinking about was Jonah.

        My next few classes flew by pretty quick, Algebra, History, and English, after them it was lunch. Everyone just ate lunch together at the same time. There was picnic benches, and tables filled with students outside, some even siting on blankets outside. There was even little children from the elementary school running around playing tag. 

        It was much different then the schools in the city, we ate in separate lunch blocks according to grade. Locked inside a cramped, crowded room that smelt like rotten cheese, and BO. And the elementary school was no where near the high school. 

        I looked around trying to find an empty spot to sit, but I felt a hand grab me.

        "Please just talk to me Lorelei tell me what I did wrong?" Jonah was standing there, his hand still on my  arm.

        "What are you talking about? You stood ME up!" I said.

        " Alice called me and told me you had second thoughts, said you didn't want to see me."

        "Well she was lying. I waited for you, for an hour. I was so excited for the date, for something good to happen in my life, and I thought that could be you." 

        "I want to be the something good that happens in your life, so please come on a date with me after school, and ill make it up to you."