Festival

When I woke up, I felt like I was still dreaming. The reality that I was living in a new house, in a new state, with new people was still registering in my mind.

        I walked downstairs, and was instantly greeted with the smell of syrup. "I made pancakes, they're Lilly's favorite," my aunt was setting plates on the table. "The festival starts at 10, so you have time to eat and get ready then we will leave," she added.

        I ate the pancakes which tasted amazing, and went upstairs for a shower. The shower felt nice, for the past couple months the shower had been an escape from reality for me.         

        "Mom, I need to shower and shes in there," I heard Alice talking to her mom outside the door. 

        "You can wait, she's living here now whether you like it or not. Deal with it," she said. Alice responded by going into her room and slamming her door.

        I got of the shower and hurried off into my room. Throwing some shorts and my sweatshirt on, putting my hair in a ponytail, and throwing on some eyeliner and blush on I was ready for the festival. 

        We didn't drive, just walked a few blocks to a big open area filled with people, and booths. "Want to walk around with me? Todd and Lilly are going to go set up a blanket, there's a movie at 11 over there, we just sit in the grass and watch." 

        "Oh cool, yea lets walk," I answered my aunt.

        We walked from booth to booth, everyone greeting my aunt, and saying hi to me. 

        "Would you mind grabbing some nachos, from over there I need to use the bathroom," she handed me some money, and I walked to the booth. 

        "One thing of nachos please," I asked, the guy handed them over and handed me my change. I turned around to walk away, but before I could I collided into someone. The cheese sauce going all over my sweatshirt. 

        "Crap, I'm so sorry here let me buy you more nachos and maybe another shirt?" 

        "It's okay, really." 

        "No, no its not, I ruined your sweatshirt," he had big blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair, how could I be mad at him.

        "No it's fine, I have a shirt on underneath see," I took my sweatshirt off, something I hadn't done in a long time. 

        "Here let me at least by you new nachos," before I could even say anything he was already buying some.

        "Here you go, and again I am so sorry."

        "Thank you,and it's okay." I was shivering, I always wore my jacket so without it I was cold. 

        "Here, take this," He took of his sweatshirt, he was wearing a flannel underneath that hugged his shoulders. 

        "No, I can not take your jacket. You already bought me nachos. Plus you'll get cold."

        "Lesson one about me I am a very persistent guy," He shoved the jacket into my hand.

        "How am I suppose to give this back to you?"

        "You'll just have to see me again," he smiled, and he had a nice smile to say the least. 

        "Jonah, come on the movies about to start," Alice said, walking with a bunch of her friends. Giving me a dirty look.

        So his names Jonah, I thought to myself, as I put on his jacket which smelt like cologne.