Healing Process

We both stood there in silence as the rain and thunder reigned outside. I couldn't believe that he was here, now, standing in front of me.

  I took a step forward, "You're alive."

  He took a step back and shook his head in the darkness. "No, Rayne. You shouldn't be here," he said darkly. I've never heard him sound like that.

  "Why, Dad?" I asked, gasping. For the first time in ten years, I could finally talk to my father.

  There was a loud bang coming from somewhere in the house. My dad whipped his head around and then faced me again, "Its not safe here. Its not safe for anyone here-"

  "But why, Dad?" I asked again, stepping forward.

  He shook his head and started to back away from me. I could see the sadness in his eyes, "There's no time to explain, just remember I love you, Rayne."

  Then he disappeared.

  "Dad!" I shouted, trying to follow him out. I yanked open the back door and screamed out in the darkness, "Dad! Dad?"

  Instead of seeing my father, I could see in the trees, a figure, and he was smiling. I could see his blinding white smile through the rain. Then I saw his eyes.

  Blood red.

  The same ones I saw in the forest before I was knocked out.

  I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me back in the house. The arm had a steel grip on me while I tried to struggle. I kicked my feet out, trying to get out of his grip. My captor was tall becuase he lifted me off the floor to bring me back into the house.

  "Rayne!" they said in my ear, "Calm down!" I registered it as Connor's voice.

  "Connor?" I gasped out.

  "Yes, its me," he said tiredly.

  Something came over me as I turned around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed tightly. "What took you so long?" I whispered in his ear. Relief washed through me as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and hug me to him. My feet dangled to the middle of his shins, making feel like I was literally dangling there.

  I pulled back from him when he didn't answer me. I could still smell his cinnomin and vanilla scent surround me as he held me there. I felt a blush rise in my cheeks as I realized what I was wearing. I was wearing a while tanktop, which gave him the perfect peep show since it was wet from standing in the rain.

  "I was fighting someone off," he said, his voice lower and a little huskier as he stared at me, obviously trying to avoid my chest.

  "Could you put me down?" I asked gently. After I felt my feet touch the floor, I bolted to living room and pulled on my UnderArmour jacket. I felt Connor's presence behind me, so when I turned arund to face him, I gasped.

  There was scratches all over his face and were really red and bloody. There was a large gash in his shirt from where something either stabbed or scratched him really bad. I ripped the flashlight from his hands and inspected him some more.

  "Connor! What happened?" I demaded worriedly.

  "Like I said," he groaned when I accidently hit something, "I was trying to fight someone off. He pulled a knife and almost got me."

  "Almost?" I nearly screamed. I saw him nod his head.

  I shook my head and whispered, "We need to get you cleaned up." I led the way to the bathroom, gripping Connor's wrist, dragging him behind me at the same time.