The Bus and Binky

It was another humid morning.

  Currently, I'm leaning against my mailbox awaiting the bus to come pick me up. My mom had woke me up to say goodbye and gave her a kiss. She told me everything she had said in the letter. I saw her tearing up, but I told her that I would be fine and not to worry about me. I told her that I would at least text her everyday, if not call her. She was so exctied to see me go, but so reluctant to let me leave. She said that I would love it and that I would have a good time.

  I heard the purring of an engine in the distance and saw the dust swirl around a massive bus coming down the road. It was a sleek black and looked like a touring coach bus. The windows were tinted but I could see the dark outlines of teens sitting on the bus. The bus came to a stop as I slung my dark blue backpack over my shoulder.

  A man, about in his mid thirties, stepped off the bus and smiled warmly at me. He had dirty blonde hair that stuck out every which way. He looked well built and seemed very nice. He was wearing khaki shorts and white shirt that was tucked into it. I gave a shy smile back.

  "Want me to take that?" he asked pointing towards my suitcase.

  "Yes, sir. Please," I said, handing it to him. "Thank you,"

  He smiled, showing me a set of straight pearly whites. "You're certainly welcome, Miss. Well mannered. Don't get that too often."

  I smiled and thanked him again walking toward the doors of the bus. I climbed the steps and felt a blast of cold air hit me. It was a nice change from the hot sun. It was incredibly dimmer, too. The tinted windows blocked out most of the sunlight. There were four seats in each row, with two seats on each side. The seats were black and looked very comfortable with my aching muscles. There were many different teens, boys and girls, sitting together chatting away like they've been friends forever. A few spared me glances before going back to talking to their friends. It was very quiet with the hum of chatter in the air. The purring of the engine was enought to lull some of the teens asleep. There were some drooling and heads on their friends' shoulders.

  I walked down the isle, trying to find a seat among the bus. It seemed like I was out of place because I knew no one and no one knew me. I went all the way into the second to last row to see a boy, about thirteen. He looked nice enought.

  I gulped, swallowing any fear I had of talking to people, and asked quietly, "May I sit here?"

  The boy looked up at me with large emerald green, expressive eyes. He nodded shyly and scooted over closer to the window. I thanked him and sat down as the bus pulled out off back onto the main road. I felt my heart get heavier and heavier as each mile we left my home.

  "My name is BInky," the boy beside me said, holding his hand in front of me to shake.

  "Rayne," I said. "Rayne Cooper."

  Binky had bleached blonde hair with bangs covering half of his forhead and part of his ears. He had a straight nose with a couple of red dots forming on it. His lips were a bit chapped from the cold interior of the bus. THe corner of his lips were turned up in a small smile. His whole face screamed nice.

  His eyes tuned into large saucers. His pupils dialated as he stared at me. "Rayne Cooper? As in, Aaron Cooper's daughter?" he asked in an awed voice.

  I frowned. "How do you know my father?" I asked skeptical that he actually knew my father.

  He gaped, "Your father is a legend!"

  "Oh, okay," I said and stayed quiet. He stared at me for a couple of moments then dropped the subject. I didn't know how he knew my dad, but it was pretty weird. I wondered if anyone else knew him.