Nightmares

I was hanging by my hands in a dark room. I felt a prescence in the room with me as I started to come too. I jerked my head up and tried to open my heavy lidded eyes. I felt something warm, wet, and sticky run down my arms as something was digging into my wrists.

  The chains.

  I looked around and saw a two messes of black hair and long tangled blonde hair that were chained in a row across the room from me. I heard the people groan and look up. I saw the saphire blue eyes that I recognized instantly.

  "Dad?" I croaked out.

  "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry, Rayne," I heard him whisper to me.

  "I love you, Daddy," I whimpered out.

  "Rayne," I heard someone groan.

  "Connor?" I said, recognizing his voice instantly.

  "Hey, Cooper. I'm sorry I got you into this mess,"  he apologized.

  "Baby?" the blonde said. I barely heard the voice, and I barely remember the person, let alone the voice.

  "Mom?" I said gasping for air like I was suffocating.

  "Yes, Rayne," a voice from behind me sneered in my ear. I felt a hand stroke my hair as he rounded the corner to stand in from of me. "You caused all of this!"

  I gulped as he pulled out a gleaming silver knife. "Let them go!" I pleaded. "It's me you want. Not them!"

  "Yes, this is true," my captor said tauntingly. "But I want you to see me have fun with them," he snickered. Then he came close to me, staring me in the eyes, and shoved something into my side. I screamed out in pain as the blade sliced through my skin like butter. "And when they all die. One by one, starting with your precious Connor, I will kill you," he yanked the knife out. I could feel the blood pour out of my body in large amounts. "They will scream and yell for you to help them. You will hear them call out in pain and you will watch them suffer," he explained slowly, going over to stand next to Connor. I saw him start to squirm and glare at the man. His blood red eyes roamed over me for a moment then looked at Connor.

  "Rot in hell. I will kill you," he growled out to the man in the ski mask.

  "Not before I kill you," he laughed at Connor.

  Then he started to cut him.

  I thrashed out as someone gripped my arms. I screamed and yanked my head around to try and catch them in the mouth.

  "Rayne!" I heard the person shouted my name. "Rayne! Calm down! Wake up! It's me! Connor!"

  I stopped kicking my legs and yanked my eyes open. I stared into a pair of dark gray worried eyes. "There you go," he said soothingly, "Wake up, Rayne."

  I finally calmed down enough to look at his face. After a minute, I yanked my arms out of his hands and then wrapped them around his neck, hugging him to me. I buried my face in his neck and breathed in his scent, making sure that he was real. That it was all a dream.

  "I'm really here. You were just dreaming," he whispered soothingly in my ear. I squeezed my eyes closed and buried my head deeper into his neck. "It was just a dream," I felt his comfortable arms wrap around my waist and squeeze. His arms were protecting me from the cruel outside world. I felt safe in his arms; like I could do anything and nothing could harm me.

  Not even the killer.

  "It was so life-like, Connor," I whimpered into his skin.

  He pulled back and framed my face in his hands, I started to lean into his warm touch. "It was just a dream, Rayne. I'm here. I'll protect you," he promised. I looked into his eyes to see if there was any type of hesitation or if he was just trying to comfort me.