The past

Readers POV:

The hunters exam has been over, my parents want me to come back. That's not what I want though. Kurapika and I have been so close, I want to continue helping Kurta get back at the phantom troupe.

"(Y/n), you ready? We're heading out again. After all we found Killua. It's time to go our separate ways." Kurapika explained.

"Yeah! Coming!" I shouted as I watched everyone leave.

"Hey Kurapika, you ready!" I asked running ahead of him.

"Yep!" Kurapika replied running after me, I took this as a race.

Finally I slowed down as I was going down a grassy hill. Kurapika however, did not stop. He ran right into me dragging us both down the hill.

I burst out with laughter. "Kurapika, you're an idiot." I laughed as I was laying on Kurapika's arm.

"Alright, we should get going." Kurapika added as we both sat up.

"Okay." I whined.

~•~

Three days later we finally found someone to train us for nen. We both got some pretty powerful nen.

Then we both got the same job. It was quiet easy to be with Kurapika. His life was simple.

"(Y/n), you got a message." Kurapika yelled from the apartment room.

"It's from your mom? She said you have to come home now." Kurapika read the text out loud.

"Is everything okay? Do we need to leave now?" Kurapika asked as I got out of the bathroom.

"Leave it go, she wants me to leave without you." I cried.

"Well you're only sixteen, you might have to leave me for a little while." Kurapika replied as he sat on the bed.

"I don't want to leave without you." I stated.

"We can meet back up in two years. On your eighteenth birthday. I'll give you my number and we'll meet in York New!" Kurapika explained.

"You promise?" I asked unsure of his word.

"I promise!" Kurapika replied as he pat me on the head. He was never one for physical touch.

"Bye, I'll see you in two years." I whispered, unsure of this choice.