The Truth

Previously~
Well that was odd. Maybe I should just wait. I walked to my bedroom and fell asleep forgetting my phone on the couch.

Kurapika's POV:

"Are you alright Kurapika? Your heart beat is going pretty fast." Melody pointed out.

"Yeah, it's just an old friend wont pick up. I'm getting worried." I admitted.

"You seem like you like this 'friend' of yours." Melody whispered.

"I'm dating someone, I can't like someone else." I replied.

"You don't seem to have any kind of affection when you think of Rose." Melody muttered.

"I can't just end the relationship with Rose even if I like (y/n) or not!" I blurted.

"So her name is (y/n)? That's pretty." Melody mumbled.

We stayed in silent after that as we guarded Neon's door.

"Kurapika, Neon wants to go to the mall." Melody mentioned as she closed Neons door.

"Then let's take her." I replied.

Readers POV:

"Oohh this is pretty.." I muttered to myself.

"(Y/n)?" I heard someone say.

"Huh?" I turned around just for no one I recognized to be there.

"Whatever then.." I muttered.

As I continued looking at the clothing I'd never wear I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me ma'am." A green haired girl peeped as she wanted to see the clothing I was looking at.

"Oh sorry!" I pleaded.

I looked at the other people around her, I remember this girl from somewhere

I walked away from them as I didn't want anyone getting distracted from work.

I walked around the mall for about another thirty minutes. I was about to leave as I heard a teenage boy laughing by the doors to leave.

I wonder what he's laughing at; he's quite cute though.

I was about to walk out as the blonde boy stopped me.

"I feel like I know you somewhere..." He muttered.

"No, I don't think I met you." I admitted.

"What's your name?" The boy asked.

"(Y/n), you?" I replied.

"Shalnark, nice to meet you!" Shalnark greeted me.

"Nice to meet you too Shalnark." I shook his hand.

"You wanna go walk around with me?" He asked.

"I have time to spare I guess." I admitted.

"So how old are you?" Shalnark asked.

"I'm eighteen, what about you Shalnark?" I questioned Shalnark the entire time we walked around.

"I'm twenty five." He laughed.

"Oh my god, you don't even look your age. I thought you were like seventeen!" I laughed at my stupidity.

"I get that a lot." Shalnark admitted.

"Whats your phone number? I'd love to keep in touch!" Shalnark added.

I gave Shalnark my number then he dropped me off at my house.

"You're a really trusting person, if I was a cereal killer; you'd be dead already." Shalnark added before he left.

"It's alright, I had a good life while it lasted if so." I laughed.

"I'll see you later (y/n)!" Shalnark waved as he left.

Once I got to my apartment door, there was a lady outside my door.

"Are you the person who lives here!" The lady yelled.

"Yeah? May I ask who you are?" I asked highly confused.

"You're talking with my boyfriend and I just needed to set things straight with you!" The lady shouted.

"Im sorry, I didn't know Shalnark had a girlfriend, plus we just met." I admitted.

"Shalnark is not my boyfriend. I don't even know a Shalnark! I'm talking about Kurapika!" The ladies words hit me like a dart.

"Kurapika has a girlfriend? I'm so sorry, he's an old friend of mine I swear it's nothing more!" I announced.

"I better not see him with you again." The lady demanded.

"Again I'm so sorry." I admitted as she stormed out of the building.

I got into my apartment and felt empty.

"What happened to Kurapika saying.. "I have some business to finish up, after that I'll be right by your side, I promise." I silently cried as I slowly sat on the floor.

Did he not mean his promises? Should I just leave now? Should I go back with mom since the only reason I left was to see them again.

"(Y/n)? You in there?" I heard a knock on my door.

I silently went into my bathroom and turned on the shower. I hopped in as I washed off my face real quick to make it seem like I was in the shower.

"I'm coming in, just so you're aware!" Kurapika yelled walking in.

"I'm in the shower!" I yelled back.

As my hair was wet and you wouldn't have been able to tell I was crying, I got out wrapped a towel around myself and ran up to my room.

I got pajamas on to make sure I was staying home and went to see Kurapika who was in the living room.

"Sorry, I was in the shower." I mumbled.

"It's alright, I've been needing to talk to you." Kurapika muttered.

"Go for it!" I cheerfully said as I sat down.

"I have a girlfriend, however that wont stop me from traveling with you! You'd just have to get along with my girlfriend." Kurapika announced.

"I'm so happy for you! I was thinking about traveling alone though. Only since it would be cheaper and easier to travel alone." I admitted, digging my nail into my thigh to not cry.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to think I wont always be there for you just because have a girlfriend." Kurapika confessed.

"No it's fine really, and you should probably go see her!" I suggested.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow!" Kurapika replied as he left.

I made a group chat with Leorio, Killua, and Gon so I can call them at once.

"Hello?" Gon and Leorio answer.

"Hey Gon, is Killua by you?" I asked.

"Yeah!" Gon admitted.

"Great, I didn't want to leave without say goodbye to you guys." I started crying.

"You're leaving?" Killua yelled.

"You can't leave us! We just got you back. Hold on we'll be right there!" Killua exclaimed as Gon hung up.

"I guess I'll be there too! Should I invite Kurapika?" Leorio asked.

"No! I already told him, he was quiet upset so I wouldn't bother bringing me up until I leave!" I warned Leorio.

"Okay that's fine.." Leorio hesitatingly agreeing.

"Bye see you soon!" I hung up.