Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next few days went by as a blur. I remember interviews; I think there was a talk show that we had to talk to, a photo shoot together. The queen wanted tea with us before I left to go home, and soon, my ladies maids were packing for me, which I told them just normal clothes this time, and not a lot since I already had clothes back home.

I sat outside on my balcony, and drinking my tea and finger sandwiches that I had ordered up to eat while Harry was with his father and Will. Kate had a function to go to, so I was alone finally. I never got free time, and I was going to enjoy it before Harry came by to tell me bye since I left this evening to go back home. Fifteen hours felt like forever, but since I could sleep on the way home, I was going to arrive early that morning again, and I smiled knowing that I will be making something different for breakfast. Eggs Benedict? Oh, my famous breakfast sandwiches? I had hours to decide by the time I got home.

"Prince Ava, your bag is packed," one of the maids told me.

"Oh, thank you," I said smiling at her and her friend that came over with a smile. "Maria and Shelly, thanks for everything, you two have been wonderful for my needs. I know that I'll miss you both while I'm away."

"We will miss you too," Shelly smiled. "I think the whole staff will miss you. Prince Harry is going to be down while you are away. You are his light, his sunshine."

I smiled, "I know. But I really need to see my family. I miss them terribly, and I just know that it's time to go home for a visit. But I know that I will be back."

They smiled and bowed, "Have a wonderful and safe trip home Princess."

"Thank you," I smiled as they left the room and I finished my sandwiches and tea.

I looked out to my view of the garden, The Queens wish for me, and I was just excited because the flowers here were my favorite, and whatever colors Harry and I picked for our wedding, the flowers would come from here. Tradition Kate said, and I remember because her and I walked around the grounds to look at the flowers with David telling us the meaning in the garden meant for a wedding, and Kate's was small, and lovely. It smelled wonderful too. Just that there were too many to choose from.

I sighed, and decided to take one last walk along the grounds, sitting down at the exact same spot where Harry proposed to me. I was gonna miss him so much more than I let on. I just refused to break down in front of him, cause a scene; I would do that once I got home with Kevin. My twin would be more than happy to let me cry this out when I got home. I just sighed, wiped a few tears from my eyes and stare out at the pond.

"Good afternoon Princess," I heard and saw David coming over.

"Hello, David," I said softly, "Is it time for me to leave?"

He smiled, "Not for another few hours Ava." He came, "I am on my break, may I join you?" he asked.

"Of course," I said with a smile.

He sat down next to me and looked at the view. "Wow, no wonder Harry asked you to marry him right here. It's a beautiful spot."

"It certainly is," I said, "He's not gonna be okay without me here, is he?"

David chuckled, "He'll be fine. He's done it before without you around when you went to college, and went to the concerts that your brothers had here when he couldn't, or go visiting them back in the states. Will and Kate will make sure that he's busy while you are away." He was quiet then said, "Harry told me that you decided to take a break from school? I think's a very smart move. Focus on your family right now; spend your time with them. Then come back and start the wedding plans."