Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I was ready to go to breakfast with Joe and Sam so I went to Joe's room to see him switching between jackets.

"Formal, Casual, formal, casual," he said switching between a suit jacket and a leather jacket.

I giggled and he looked up at me.

"Oh hey sis," he said.

"Joe, you're already with her; you don't need to impress her."

"I just wanna look nice."

"Joe, just be you!" I said, "She's a fan, she's not gonna care what you look like. She's just gonna be thrilled you're there."

"You're right, leather it is," he said and put the jacket on as I just stood there shaking my head.

"Joe, come on, I'd hate to be late, and she'll think you stood her up," I said with a chuckle. "Besides I have a reputation to protect."

"Fine, I'm coming," he said grabbing his keys, giving his hair one last check and we were out the door.

I was really itching to mess up his hair just for the hell of it, but I didn't want to be rude so I just gripped onto my purse.

~*~*~*~

We pulled into Starbucks's after about fifteen minutes, and when his eyes landed on a small green car in the lot he perked up, "She's here."

I laughed, "Calm down pretty boy, she's not a famous person. That's our job," I said as I put on my shades and hat as I knew that I was going to be in trouble, I was taking a very daring risk of no bodyguards around, luckily, Rob and Joe's guard Mitch was waiting for us in case.

We got out of the car and no one recognized us, both covered up enough. We walked in and this tiny little brown-haired woman stood up from in back, probably about 5'3", and hazel eyes. She was pretty and seemed over the moon to see my brother walk in.

"Joe," she beamed.

He smiled and walked over, taking her in his arms, pulling her to his chest.

I smiled as I scoped out the shop behind my shades.

"Sami," he said kissing her forehead, "I want you to meet my sister... you know who she is."

"Yes, Ava, it's wonderful to finally meet you," she whispered softly. Wow... already respecting my privacy? I like her already.

"Thank you," I smiled and held my hand out saying softly. "It's nice to finally meet you too. I heard so much about you from my brother."

"Hopefully good things," she said then sighed up at him, "One sec..." She took her hand and ruffled his hair and he grimaced, "Joey why must you spend so much time on that. You know I don't care; you could just crawl outta bed and you'd be fine." She smiled at me, "So vain this boyfriend of mine."

I laughed, "Thank you, I was going to do that coming over here."

"You could have, but then he would have delayed you for five minutes to fix it," she chuckled as he patted his hair down.

"Yes," I smiled.

She walked us back to the booth, Joe sliding in first, and then her, me on the other side of the booth.

"Why are you on the inside Joe?" I asked, "You never sit on the inside."

He chuckled. "Because Sami here has the bladder of a toddler," he chuckled.