Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I was heading downstairs the next morning, and everyone was sitting in the living room looking somber.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Ava sweetie, sit down," Mom said.

"What's going on?" I asked sitting down by Nick and Kevin.

Joe wasn't back yet from the hospital with Sami yet, which she should be home today.

Mom sighed and turned the TV on for me to hear, "The royal engagement of Prince Harry and Ava Jonas has been called off by the queen. Prince Harry is now in the wind, on a mission to find himself, so says his father."

Kevin just hugged me tight to him.

"What... no... that can't be..." I said as tears started. "That's not fair," I cried as I let Kevin hug me, and then Nick on the other side of me.

My phone went off in seconds, Harry's face flashing at me.

"No, I can't," I said tossing the phone to Dani. "I can't talk to him anymore. Not right now; I just can't." I then took off going back to my room and just fell onto my bed and cried.

I must have cried for the longest time before being pulled into Kevin's strong arms just rocking me back and forth, not speaking, just being there.

I don't know why, but I just felt safe in Kevin's arms. I guess that's the twin thing talking.

I looked down at my hand at the ring. "I guess I don't need to wear this anymore." I took it off and studied it as Kevin held me.

"Ava, he won't leave this alone," he said, "Dani spoke to him."

"But he could've called and told me what the plan was instead of springing it upon me and hearing it for the first time with you guys on the news."

"Ava he's on his way here," Kevin encouraged.

"Ya, with fifty royal guards to make sure that he gets the ring back and properly tell me goodbye."

"He's coming to marry you, Ava," he whirred.

I looked at him, "Seriously?" I asked softly.

He nodded, "He said he's marrying you no matter what. You're his heart. He'll be here in a few hours."

I thought about it, "That means... he's stepping down." I start to panic. "He's going against his families wishes."

"For you," he said.

I stood up, "But... he can't. I won't let him do this. He's done everything for his country."

"He's not giving you a choice, he wants you," Kevin said standing.

I watched my twin brother. I don't know how long we stood there, but I was scared now. In a few hours, Harry was going to be here, and I didn't know what to do next.

"Marry him Ava," Kevin said suddenly.

"What?" I asked focusing again. He heard my thoughts.

"Marry him..." he repeated, "Get your prince. Get him and don't let go."

I nodded as I went up and hugged Kevin. "I love you Kevy."

"I love you too," he said hugging me tight to him.

"I'm scared Kevin."

"I know Avie," he whispered unsure of what to say.