New home New friends and new Angels?

Chapter 1

Victoria Daae's POV

I got in the carriage after I packed my things and put them in the carriage. And I was going to head off to my mother's friend. Her name is Meg Giry and she lives at the Opera Populair. My mother used to sing me to sleep every night and tell me stories about the opera house and its famous O.G. or the phantom of the opera. It has been 11 years since my mother died. It was a very hard time for my family because after my mother died my father came ill and he wasn't able to do much. That is why I'm going to the opera house, because my father died. He died a week ago. My father told me I would be sent here because we have no relatives besides Madam Giry and Meg Giry her daughter. I was at first sad that my parents died. I was so sad that I wasn't eating or sleeping. But eventually I had to get over it, I'm still sad, but I am at least eating and sleeping. But now I am sort of excited because of the stories my mother told me. And I've always wanted to see the opera house; my mother told me that it was breath taking. I also forgot to tell you what I look like. Typical me, I'm always so forgetful. Well I have dark brown curly hair but it sort of looks black. I have green eyes that are brown around the pupil. I am very short; I'm about 5'2. I grabbed my favorite book; "If Ever Two Were One", and I started to read. But then I then drifted off to sleep.

Suddenly the carriage finally came to a halt. I live pretty far from the opera house. It toke me about an hour to get to the opera house. When I looked out the window my jaw dropped. It was the most beautifies building I've ever seen. I stepped out of the carriage and this lady started walking towards me, she must be Meg Giry! I thought. The lady was now in front of me and said,

"O..., hello! You must be Victoria!" she said with a smile!

"You can call me Tori!" I said. I never really wanted to be called Victoria or Vikki. My parents didn't like the name Vikki; they would prefer Tori over Vikki any day!

"Ok, Tori! My name is Meg!" she said with a very welcoming smile. With her smile she could cheer up anyone! I could just see that in the future I was going to get annoyed with that smile. I've never really liked people who are always to perky, especially when I'm sad.

"Hi Meg! My mother spoke a lot about you!" I said.

"Well I would expect because we were roommates here at the opera house and very good friends." She said.

"Ok so if we get your stuff I can show u to your room." She said as she started to grab my bags and walk into the opera house; or should I call it home! Meg and I walked through the opera house and when I saw the inside, I almost fainted; it was more beautiful than the outside! I saw the huge stage that soon I was going to be dancing and singing on! Then we walked to the girls rooms. Meg opened up the door and walked in, I walked in behind her.

"So you will need to share a room with another girl. She should be back to the room soon so you can meet her."

I was kind of happy that I didn't have to have my own room. I would be scared for the first couple of months sleeping in the room because of the opera ghost stories, but I knew they were not real. And even if they were true the opera ghost would have died a long time ago. Meg left me to the room so I could start unpacking. I was looking around the room. It was a beautiful room. It had light blue colored walls and the bed sheets were light blue. I was so glad that they weren't pink because I hate that color. You would think a girl like me would just love anything pink, shiny, and sparkly but no! Those were my least favorite things! I saw a vanity table over on the other side of the room and started to walk over. Suddenly the door opened which gave me a near heart attack. The girl who walked in was about 5'1; she had straight brown hair that went down to her shoulder. And she had bright blue colored eyes, she looked to be my age.