Group 1 or 2?

Chapter 3

I woke up to Allison shaking me and yelling

“Wake up sleepy head! You don’t want to miss your first day of rehearsal do you? If you want to then stay in bed but that’s not going to make Meg very happy.” With that said I leaned up and started getting ready. I put on a corset, tights, my ballet shirt and my favorite blue tutu. I then started to put my ballet shoes when Allison yelled “Hurry it up! Do u want us to be late? We have 5 minutes to get on stage! Hurry!” after she said that I finished putting on my ballet shoes and looked in the mirror. I put my hair up in a bun and then ran out the room headed for the stage. I knew the opera house good enough that I found my way to the stage without getting lost. While I was walking Allison was right behind me.

We got on stage just in time and we started to stretch on stage, when Meg came on stage.

“Ok, girls! Let’s get started! We are doing a new opera called Hannibal! Ballet group 1 goes to the left side of the stage and ballet group 2 goes to the right side!” Meg was saying.

“Tori” Allison was whispering “just so you understand ballet group 1 is the older and more advanced group. The ballet group 2 is the younger or they could be older, less advanced. It’s for more of the basics. You will probably be put in there so you can learn the basics. I’m in group 1.” She said.

“Allison, I know the basics. I was doing ballet since I was 5.” I stated. Mother always wanted for me to learn so someday I could come here and finish what she started but never finished. I didn’t understand what she meant when I was younger but now I get it. She was probably talking about the phantom. But I never really minded that she wanted me to take her place here, at the opera house, with the Phantom. Wow, I really have to stop thinking about the phantom!  That is true! Whenever someone says something or states something I always compare it to the phantom. But seriously! Can you blame me? My mom was the one who saw his face, who had to face his murderous side! I just always wondered why she was so scared! It couldn’t have been that bad……could it? My thoughts were interrupted when Meg walked up to me and cleared her throat.

“Hello, Tori! It seemed you and Allison are friends?” Allison stared to give Meg a glare. And Meg got the message.

“Ok…well never mind that!” she started to face me more and getting ready to talk to me.

“Ok, so, Tori. You will need to show me what you know in ballet, so I can decide if you need extra help. But I don’t think you would because I would half expect for your mother to have gotten you ballet lessons of some sort.” Meg was saying.

“Uhh… yes she did. She thought that I should learn because she was a ballerina to.” I sort of didn’t know how to respond. I didn’t like to talk about her much. Well I think about her a lot but I don’t really talk about her. But when Allison and I were talking I thought I was going to cry because I knew she is never coming back. It just makes me sad most of the time.

“Well, then can you show me?” Meg asked with a lot of question in her eyes. I nodded my head and said “Uhh…yes of course.” Then I walked in front of here and started dancing and doing the basics. Well I sort of lied to Allison that I didn’t just know the basics I knew a lot more. In fact I was the best dancer at the dancing school. They were so sad when I left because of how good I was. Ok now I’m sounding like a snobby rich girl who is nothing but perfect! Yuck!! I do not want to be like that kind of person. Well back to my dancing. I started doing a pirouette and lifted my foot up and just flowed with the music. Ok there was no music, but there was in my head! And when I finished I forgot there was people there and they all started clapping. That’s what got me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, that was wonderful! I see now how you and your mom represent each other. Well I think you are diffidently ready for group 1!” Meg said with a very happy tone. Then Meg started to walk away to talk to some other girls. After she left Allison turned to face me with a grin on her face.

“Yay!!! Now we are in the same group we will be able to hang out all the time! And to top that off were roomies!!!” Allison said hoping up and down like a little girl who just got a brand new doll. Well that was Allison for you.

“Yay! That’s great! Wait…. I never asked you! Are we friends?” I said with a hint of seriousness in my voice.

“Um…..heck yes we are!” Allison said with a very happy mood in her voice.

“Well we probably should start practicing.” I said.

“Yes you’re probably right! We don’t want my mother to come over here and rethink her decision!” Allison stated. We practiced for hours and then it was time for dinner after that we went to our room and slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so sorry i havent been posting in a while but i have no REAL excuse exept that i was lazy, i had homework, and im in the school play so it takes some time up. i dont want to waste time with this author's note but if you think this story is good and i should continue it please tell me! and if there is anything you think would be good for the future? also should there be a raoul like person who trys to take tori? should i be EVIL AND DO THAT TO YOU? Muahhh! or should i be nice and not do that. but who knows? what should the diva's name be? i cant decide so PM me if you have an idea! (btw PM means private messege at first i didnt know so im just makking it clear)