4

Sarah ran through the entrance of Shelby house sprinting upstairs. Everyone was gathered around John's room.

He was shot in his leg. Seeing him like this broke Sarah's heart. "W-what happened?"

John laughed and sat up straight. "Nothing that would hurt me Sarah. " She smiled as she could feel a deep piercing gaze of Tommy on her back.

"So how's London?" Polly lit a cigarette observing Sarah deeply. She had a different look to her.

"It's fine. Not that I have much to do other then clinic. " And Alfie.

"Polly have you ever been in love?"

A laughter was heard in the room in her response. Sarah sighed as Polly nodded lightly.

"Maybe I did but love ain't shit Sarah." She inhaled the smoke in looking up at ceiling.

"You see love makes your rebellious but the decisions you make while being in love effect your life directly. Once the cloud of love goes away, you see the damage you have done to yourself. "

Sarah blinked folding her skirt over a bit not knowing weather she was satisfied or even more confused.

"It's not fucking worth it. Especially when the other one isn't as passionate about you as you are. "

"Do y'all not hear me? I SAID THE BLUE FUCKIN FILES YOU PIGS. " Alfie screamed at the men in office as they scurried back away.

He was mad. Mad at himself and more on Tommy Shelby. How dare he keep her women?

He couldn't get her face out of his mind yet he has to stay away cuz she just happens to be Tommy fuckin shelby's wife.

"S-sir t-there has been an invition for you in this charity event in B-birmingham. "

Alfie scanned through the card and threw it across the room.

I guess I'm going to Birmingham.

"How's London?" Tommy asked writing something in his papers.

Why do everyone keeps asking me this? It's raining candies there!!

"Fine, I was wondering-"

"There is this charity event happening on Sunday, stay till then and you can leave afterwards. "

Sarah wanted to talk to Tommy about the the whole Alfie fiasco but it looks like this isn't the right time yet.

Leaving she saw Grace standing there. Staring at her as if she stole her man. She wishes.

John was healing fine. She personally took care of all the medicine and food.

One thing that was extremely dangerous in this was alcohol and keeping him away was a task.

"WHO THE FUCK SAID ALCOHOL IS BAD? It's a healing remedy from God itself. " John tried explaining to Sarah as she changed his dressing.

Men and alcohol.

Sarah took extra effort into getting ready. She wore her favourite white dress and open hair. She was feeling much more confident then before.

She was given the confidence

Sarah walked down the hall tapping her heels across as she walked downstairs. She looked breathtaking. Every single eye from men to women was set on her. She walked down as men gazed on her beauty.

But she wasn't interested. Not now. Now that she has someone she truly likes.

Tommy took her by his side as Grace was standing right next to him. He never introduced her as his wife but today seemed a different day.

Alfie walked into the big hall looking around. He could feel something was off about this event.

And soon he saw what was wrong.

What the fuck? He saw Sarah smiling and talking to the Shelby's.  She was here.  How could he not deduce that?

Sarah laughed as Arthur told her about his fighting shennigan.

"Ello mate." Alfie's greeting gave Sarah a small heart attack. Ofcourse he was invited here.

She was hoping he wouldn't acknowledge her.

And he didn't.

"Alfie evening. Long time no see. " Tommy greeted him and took him to the table of "men".

Sarah walked towards some other people she knew. She could feel Alfie staring at her all night. A small part of her was happy that he was able to see her here.

Sarah was standing in a corner sipping on her water as someone tapped her shoulder.

"Would ya mind dancing love?" Alfie asked as casually as he could. No one in the room saw him or her. It was just as normal as it was.

Sarah placed the glass down and looked around. Tommy was busy with Grace and no one else seemed to take interest.

"I would love too. " She smiled as Alfie took her to the dancing floor.

The light was dim at the dancing floor

The light was dim at the dancing floor. She slowly swayed herself around him.

"Fancy seeing you here Alfie. "

"Same here. " Alfie smiled slowly rubbing her back. She was stunning. He couldn't keep his eyes off her.

"Y'know ya look like you were made for me." Alfie softly mumbled in her ear. She blushed looking down. It was such a surreal experince.

Both of them were unaware of the people around them. Tommy noticed the intimacy between them.

It wasn't unusal of Alfie to ask her for dance, she just looked that good. No one in the room knew who she was. Just some distant relative living with them.

But a London based gangster and a doctor together on dancing area was just a diffrent sight to see.

Sarah detached herself from him as she could sense some eyes noticing them too deeply.  She smiled at Alfie and inhaled his scent one more time. He smelled like smoke, wine and expensive cigars.

Sarah walked to Tommy acting casually. Polly complimented her dress, making Ada roll her eyes.

"Well I think I should leave now. " Alfie took his farewell giving Tommy a firm handshake.

"Can I come with you as well?"

Well I fucked up. Everyone looked at her as those words left her mouth.

"I-I mean you are going to London so you can drop me as well. I live there. " Sarah tried clearing the air making Tommy more suspicious of her.

"Why not, if Mr. Solomon's have no problem. " Polly encouraged Sarah. She could feel the air between her and Alfie. 

"Sure. " Alfie shrugged as Sarah ran to get her bags. The event was held at their house. She immediately packed her bags and came down with her coat.

Alfie was seated in the car. Sarah bid her farewell. Hugging Polly she heard some words that made her nervous. "You and I need to talk Sarah. "

Sarah walked out leaving a very suspicious group behind. She knew she was in hot waters now.