3

"I cannot believe you allowed Tommy to marry another women. " Anna scoffed as Sarah smiled at the kids running around the sitting area.

Anna and Sarah were best friends back in Birmingham. A few years back Anna moved to London with her husband have two beautiful sons.

Now that Sarah lives here as well, she has more time to visit her best friend.

"I didn't have a choice Anna. I was literally sold to Shelby and brought here from New York. Where the hell will I go if I defy Tommy?" Anna answered as truthfully as she could.

Anna's father made a deal with Tommy's mother for a few dollars and well, she was married off like a sack of rice. Something to just carry around for no reason.

Moving here she immediately enrolled in school. She wanted to be a doctor. So she can fix people. Wasn't too fan of the profession anymore.

Life isn't easy when you are surrounded by people who either hates you or just doesn't acknowledge you. Sarah waited for Tommy to come back from war just for him to be even far away from her.

Anna offered to have dinner with her but it was getting dark. Decided to walk down her clinic Sarah could feel the coldness of night seeping into her bones.

I should have left the house early. Weird thoughts were entering her mind as she heard a gunshot nearby.

Jumping in her shoes she immediately walked to the nearest alleyway. She wanted to leave as soon as possible but with that high of crime rate around the city there probably were lower chances of her clinic then Tommy kissing her.

Sarah was peeking around the corner as someone pulled her towards their chest.

"Y're really out here trying to be dead eh?" Alfie's voice boomed in her ear as she gulped hard.

Last time she met him, she ended up completely lost in his talk and walk and mannerism and just him.

After handing him the money, which she basically shoved it on him. She ran back home.

Avoid violence. That's what Polly always taught her. So she took this breathing human as violence.

Alfie slowly rubbed her arm as she calmed down a bit.

"C-can you umm...... Let go of me?" Sarah stumbled some words out not cuz she was scared but of just how much he influenced her.

Alfie let go of her as she turned out. His heart skipped a beat as her dark black hair fell on her forehead. She was always dressed in black or white.

"Sweetheart, what you doin out here at such hour?"

"Coming back from a friend's house."

"Alone?"

Sarah looked around her.

"Does it look like I have Russian army surrounding me?" She folded her arms as his deep laughter filled the dark alleyway.

What a weird time it was. She was alone with a strange man in a dark alleyway completely unarmed. She was there by choice.

"Well would ya like to come to my place Doctor?" Alfie offered her some hospitality thinking he might get some more of this angel disguised as human.

Sarah nodded as soon they reached his place which wasn't quite far from her clinic.

The house was clean and had a sweet smell of alcohol lingering around.

"Would you like some drink?" Alfie asked looking through his collection of alcohol. Looking for the best, for the best.

Sarah looked around the sitting area as she heard his voice from another room.

"No thank you Alfie. "

Alfie popped back in the room a bit confused. "Is this some safety shit you have?"

He thought she is probably declining cuz of how it's night and she shouldn't drink around men

I'm fucking offended. Alfie rubbed his beard. It was a bit odd for him.

Sarah smiled warmly at him running her hand across the books he had in his shelf.

"No, I just don't drink at all. It triggers my asthma. " She explained softly making him lightly less offended.

So I fucked up my hospitality. He nodded brewing some tea instead.

"What exactly do you do Alfie?" Sarah spoke breaking the calm in the room. They didn't needed big talks to convey that they enjoyed each other's company.

"Me? Me is just a Baker. " Pouring the tea into the cup he came close to her.

She looked back at him, her straight long hair fell on her back as her necklace shined in the candle light. She truly was one in a million.

"And who might you be?"

Sarah wasn't going to lie. Not to him.

"I'm Tommy Shelby's first wife. " Sarah sipped on her tea as one tear left her eye. Alfie was a bit shocked but wasn't going to take that as an lie. She told him honestly and he got married to another women a few weeks back. So who cares?

Atleast he doesn't.

Sarah looked back at him as he started deeply at her. There was undeniable chemistry between them.

Sarah placed her cup down, smiling brightly at him.

"I guess this is it. I should leav-"

Sarah was cut off as Alfie kissed her. He softly kissed her not knowing weather this will be welcomed or he will get a slap across the face.

Sarah was a bit shocked but she returned the kiss back. She could taste light tea on his lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him with passion.

Alfie took that as an command and sat her up on the desk. Her teacup fell down breaking the calm silence of room.

It was like the walls around here were shattering.

Alfie ran his hand up and down her leg as they kept kissing each other.

Feeling the air leaving her lungs Sarah backed up looking straight into his eyes.

"Alfie, we need to talk. "

Sarah checked the little boy's temperature as he sneezed again. She was busy at the clinic and Alex was standing right next to her.

"Give him some herbal tea and I'm writing you some medicine.  Also make sure he isn't playing out in cold. " Sarah instructed the mother as Alex lead the child and mother to the medicine aisle.

Sarah signed rubbing her eyes looking outside.

She needed help. Emotional help.

Sarah gently tried explaining to Alfie about her and Tommy's relation. He seemed upset about understood her concerns.

She wasn't going to cheat on him.  She doesn't like lies or secrets. So how could she just have whatever they have, when Tommy is still pretty much her husband.

I will go to Birmingham and ask Tommy and maybe even ask Polly for advice.

Alex came back a huffing slamming his hands on table.

"Something happened at Birmingham."

------
I had exams so sorry for the late update.
You guys will love the next chapter (;