12

Sarah rushed downstairs as her papers from her bag was missing.

"JOHN SHELBY, GIVE ME MY PAPER!!" Screaming on top of her lungs she entered the dining area. Shelby's old residence was always lit by fire of life. You can feel people living there.

"How about a fucking no?" John laughed circling around the dinner table, making Polly laugh.

"Come on kids, sit down."

Snapping back to reality, Sarah reached London on her horse with small Xavier falling asleep on and off.

Her reality was now so much changed. She remembered clearly how much fun and good those times were for her. But maybe those times weren't that good for the rest of the family.

Ada was trying to convince Tommy to marry and Tommy was struggling with PTSD from France. Until Grace walked into his life.

Sarah made way to her old apartment and clinic. It was closed as she expected. Opening the clinic and tieing the horse ro nearby tree, Sarah walked into the area.

She loved this clinic. It was an achievement for her when she opened it.

Walking past the shelves, she saw the wine bottle on top of it. Taking the bottle she smiled at it, remembering how Polly gifted her this when she opened the clinic.

"I don't drink Polly." Sarah laughed upon receiving the gift. Polly was inspecting the room as she scoffed.

"What a bullshit reasoning Sarah, everyone drinks."

All her memories flashed against her eyes. What a beautiful life she lived but all gone to nothing.

"M-mam?" Alex walked behind the shelf, beeming at her doctor mentor. He was taking care of the clinic while she was gone.

"Alex, it's good to see you again." Sarah smiled giving Xavier to him.

"Mam is he going to stay here?" Alex questioned kind of inspecting him.

Sarah looked out the window as dark and gloomy settled in London. She had no idea where to head next, ofcourse she can't stay here. It's too dangerous but where will she go?

"Sir the Selby Manor was attacked by the Italians." Alfie was informed by one of his assistant as he sipped on his wine.

He never liked wine, but ever since Sarah walked into his life, he liked the taste, the feel of wine on his tongue.

"Okay, leave."

Alfie wasn't surprised at this. He knew the Italians wouldn't leave the shelbys alone. He also knew that Sarah was either there or already fled on Tommy's orders.

His was sleepless for days, the thought of his only hope being far away from him tore his heart open.

"S-sir.." Alfie heard a voice outside the office as men in suits barged inside.

"Whatta fucking beautiful day.." Gathering his thoughts Alfie sat straight in his chair.

A man with much chiseled jaw, sat right infront of him.