16

Xavier ran up the stairs of the Shelby Manor with his degree in his hand. The house was calm and cold as always.

Running upto his father's bedroom he swung the door open. "Congratulations Father, I'm a neurosurgeon now."

Tommy smiled and closed his book. Removing his glasses he stood up to give his son a hug.

Just like his mother Xavier was an amazing student. Early on he decided by himself he wanted to be a doctor. Tommy couldn't say no. Not now. Not ever.

"I wish uncle Arthur was here to celebrate." Xavier sighed placing his degree on the table. Arthur died of old age about two years ago. Xavier was the apple of his eye.

Tommy gave Xavier a pat on the back. "Trust me, he is bloody proud of his nephew."

"CAN SOMEONE IN THIS HOUSE GIVE ME A CUP OF FUCKING TEA?!"

Ada's daughter Annabelle screamed on the top of the lungs as she entered the house. Coming upto the room she clapped her hands slowly. "What a reunion, am I not the one fucking pregnant in this house?

Anna rubbed her hands on her belly, she was seven months along."We would also be celebrating yours success, if you weren't busy sleeping with a Scottish brat?"

Anna scowled at Xavier giving them details of how much excited she and Ada were for the baby.

Xavier peeked outside the window and saw Alfie staring down at her mother's grave." I'll be back."

Xavier rushed downstairs and smiled at Alfie brightly." Do you think Mother would be proud that I became a doctor like her?"

Alfie stared at the stone her beloved, "Dr. Sarah Solomon."

"I'm sure son, she is joyous." Alfie took a rose out of his pocket and placed it down. Looking back at Xavier he nodded.

After Sarah passed away, Tommy took custody of Xavier. Raising him just like Sarah would, he made sure Xavier had no impact of his life. He also made sure Alfie was well included his life.

Tommy told Xavier that he adopted him from Sarah and Alfie, and he was there son. So technically, Alfie was his real father and Tommy was his godfather.

"Your mother was an absolute beauty with brain, no wonder you are like her son." Alfie hugged Xavier. He could practically hear Sarah giggling with joy over Xavier becoming a doctor.

Alfie urged Xavier to go inside as he looked at the stone one last time. He lost his love that day, but got a beautiful gift in name of Xavier that day.

------------------------

The End