Vibranium

I awoke the next morning, I'd gone to bed but couldn't sleep for the most part, it wasn't really unusual for me, I taught myself to need very little sleep because of the emergency drills they would hold often at night and if you weren't alert when you reported they punished you.

I opened my closet to find there was now a different array of clothes a little larger than what I normally wore, but I picked out a hoodie with leggings, and brushed my hair, tying it into a messy bun.

I walked downstairs to the mess that was the entrance room where the party had happened. I twisted my hands around in quick, controlled movements, cleaning up the broken mess. It was more than I usually did, as I often fixed broken things around the institute, and by the time I was done it was almost as if the fight had never happened. Steve walked in with Maria and looked around. "Morning." I called to him, rubbing my eyes, magic often took a lot out of me. "Good morning?" Steve replied looking around the room. "I cleaned up a bit, morning Clint." I called as I saw him on a call with someone on the phone. "Ok, got to go." He told the person he was calling. "Hey Peyton."

We all walked into the kitchen where Tony and Natasha were already making breakfast. "You all are up early." Natasha remarked. The other 3 mumbled something about "couldn't sleep" and I just replied with "I don't really need much sleep." Natasha nodded, "me neither." She replied.

"I stayed up late, actually I didn't go to sleep at all, looking for where Ultron could've been." Tony put out to the group. "I could find one location, just one, but it keptmoving around." He pulled out a laptop and looked over a map, projecting the map to everyone else through a hologram of sorts. "That's Sokovia." I said quickly. There was a red blinking dot moving slowly around the church. "Where is he?" Steve asked. "The church, it's in the geographical center of the city so that everyone was," I air quoted the next bit, "equally as close to god"

We heard a yawn and looked around, Bruce was standing in the doorway in a robe and t-shirt with flannel pants and glasses. Actually, looking around, everyone but me and Maria were in their pajamas. Rhodes followed behind Bruce and walked over to the coffee press. "I had a squad search for any breached databases, but nothing."

"Well I think that may be my fault." Tony replied. "I designed him to be the perfect A.I. He can breach files with no notification of a breaching until after it's happened, or not at all." He shrugged.

"Thanks for making him Tony." I replied sarcastically. "Hey shut up, you're lucky to even be in the room."

"So he's in Sokovia... but why?" I asked. More to myself than anyone else. I had visions, mostly of just red and silver light, so I don't suppose that's helpful... until,

"Wait." I exclaimed suddenly. "What if he's trying to recruit Wanda and Pietro?" Rhodes rolled his eyes. "Who?" He asked. "My adopted siblings, the ones who lived in the Institute with me. What if he's trying to get them to join his side, I mean, they don't exactly like you, Tony." I looked over at him. "It was your dad's bomb that killed their parents so they're probably looking for a reason to destroy you."

"Well that's comforting." Tony mumbled. "Hey Rhodes, I'm going to pull up any of those files that I can find, maybe he did breach them, if there's a breach, there's usually some kind of sign of one, it'll just be difficult to find." He opened up a new file and began scrolling through them. "That one." I pointed to a label that read "international friendships"  a red line of code lay amongst the rest of the blue.
"Why would Ultron try to mess up international relations?" Bruce inquired. "Maybe start up another world war? Try to get us to destroy each other?" Steve responded.

"Or," said Tony, opening the files and clicking on the label that said "Wakanda"  "he's trying to find a store of Vibranium that we traded with wakanda for."

"Why?" I asked. "Beats me." Tony looked further through. "Nothing here is messed up, he just looked at these links, looks like he's trying to find vibranium."

"So we go there." Natasha suggested. "I mean, by the looks of it, that's where he's headed."

"I think Nat has a point, fortunately I'm not an avenger so I won't be going there with you, I'm going home." Maria said, leaving the room and getting packed up to leave.

"What're we doing about the young one." Thor asked, and I only just noticed he was there. "I can come." I supplied quickly. Tony raised and eyebrow and everyone else looked at me like I was crazy. Which to be honest, I probably was, not crazy but at the very least, mentally unstable. "If Wanda and Pietro really are working with Ultron, I might be able to reason with them, get them on our side."

"What makes you think they'll listen?" Steve challenged. "They'll know I'm missing, they've always been insanely overprotective of me and if I explained to them-"
"Explained what? We don't know what Ultron told them." Natasha claimed. I looked down at my hands.

"So, best case scenario, they listen and we've got two new teammates, worst case scenario, they immediately assume we kidnapped their little sister and try to kill us." Tony commented sarcastically. "Well, I think it's worth a shot." Bruce replied.

"Just let the kid come, they're not staying here by themself." Clint remarked.

So that's how I found myself sitting with Bruce in the lab trying to get together a suit that would work with my abilities. Eventually we came out with a grey suite that covered me from neck to ankle and some combat boots. It was colorless and bland so I would try to fix it later, but it would have to do for now. I tied changed my hair to a braid and looked at myself. I reminded me of a girl in a book I had once read, the hunger games. It sent a thrill through me just looking at myself. "We might just send it to Ruby, she'll have fun trying to figure out a suit for you." Bruce chuckled. "Who's Ruby?" I asked. "The avengers seamstress. She designs our suits and stuff, obviously not mine, but the others go to her for help." I nod and we head down.

The suit looks simple, but it's made using a flexible yet protective fabric and under that I wore a binder, compressing my chest and also working as something more protective around my vital organs.

(Authors note: please do not run around and exercise when wearing a binder that is dangerous. Peyton just has a special binder that doesn't exist in real life sadly)

"Ok, I think you could do better." Natasha laughed as we headed for the door. "I already suggested heading to Ruby." Bruce sighed. "No, we aren't encouraging this, shes- They're, sorry, 11 years old." Tony called behind him.

I huffed silently. I'll show him that I can be a real avenger. We hopped into the plane and flew over to the Vibranium vault.