The seamstress and the homocidal robot

I peered over at the body that Ultron had planned on using. Tony was working on getting Jarvis's code card to work into and inhabit the body so Ultron wouldn't be able to get into the body and take it back.

"How do you know it won't go berserk and end up like Ultron?" I asked skeptically. "Jarvis wouldn't do that. I quite literally trust him with my life." Tony replied. Bruce walked into the lab and looked over at me. "Hey I talked to Ruby and she's so excited to meet you."

Ruby? Oh right, Bruce had mentioned her earlier, I was just too distracted at the moment to remember.
We headed down to the design lab. So this was where the suits were designed? It was messier than I had imagined but it was cooler too. I was super excited. "Ruby?" Bruce called.

"Coming!" Called a woman's voice from the back. A girl with dark hair with pink dyed tips came in followed closely by a dog and smiled at me.
"Hello, I'm Ruby, my pronouns are she/her, this is Hamilton, the design lab dog, nobody really seems to know he's here though. What's your name and pronouns!"

I smiled, she seemed so friendly and I really wanted to pet her dog. "Peyton... they/them." I looked down at my shoes. "That's great! Bruce says you're related to Coulson so you should be great to work with." She looked suddenly panicked and said quickly, "sorry I just wish he was still here." She wiped her eyes, and looked around. "Alright so Peyton needs some improvements on their suit." Bruce informed Ruby. "Alright, and will you finally allow me to make a super suit for you?" She asked Bruce. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, I'm not worth the trouble."

"You are too." I said quickly. He smiled down at me and walked out. "You two have fun." He called as he walked through the door.

"Ok so let's see what you got!" She told me, I grabbed the grey suit from my bag and layed it out in front of her. "Oh no, that's bad, definitely not superhero material." She picked it up and stretched it, testing its condition. "I mean, the fabric's not terrible, could use some color, maybe some branding."

"Branding?" I asked skeptically. "I mean, some kind of design. Make it... you know, not grey?" I laughed. "Ok, I think I can see it."

She went over to a large computer, laid out the suit on a scanner beside it, and brought up the blueprints for the suit. "Ok, so let's replace the fabric, Dyneema isn't bad, it can just get uncomfortable after a while, let's try Nano fabric." She clicked through a few options and switched out the fabric for the suit on the screen. "Ok so, now let's work with benefits. What do you want the suit to do?" I thought for a moment. My mind shot in several different directions and I worked for a moment to rope them all back in. "I think it would be good if I could put it into a few different control pieces." I said. "Like a hoodie to hold the suit itself and a bracelet or something to control different modes.

She nodded. "That's a great idea, but if you're going to have a control panel why not add different settings?"

"Like changing the suit for different terrains?" I asked. She snapped her fingers. "Exactly." She typed a few things that I didn't understand into the keyboard.
***

About an hour later, we had finally pulled together a suit. I stood before Ruby and Hamilton in my suit, we kept the protective binder that shielded my vital organs and changed the suit colors to red and purple with a big red star on the back. I kept the same basic design, going from neck to foot, but it now switched to accommodate for different climates and terrains. It was also a lot of fun to get to know Ruby. She was funny, cool, gay, and had a certain chaotic side that you couldn't help but love. I pulled the suit into its hoodie form and walked out of the lab, "make sure to visit from time to time, I think Hamilton likes you." I laughed, "will do." I replied.

(Hello everyone! Ruby is actually inspired by @avengersseamstress on Tiktok, go follow her because she's super amazing and let me include her into this fanfiction. Also I designed what Peyton's hoodie looks like isn't it amazing? I know it isn't really I was kidding)

I walked back into Tony's lab just in time to see him plug in the chip for Jarvis's infusion into the body

I walked back into Tony's lab just in time to see him plug in the chip for Jarvis's infusion into the body. "Shouldn't take that long. Nice hoodie." He added when I walked in. "More colorful than the boring neutral colors you normally wear. Anyways it's the middle of summer why are you wearing that?" He asked.

"It was always cold where I grew up." I shrugged. But I had other reasons. To hide the scars. The whiplashes and bruises, the cuts on my arms. I wore long sleeves to cover them.

We waited for, at most, 30 minutes. At last a quiet beeping followed by the noise of the containment opening had rang through my ears and I looked over.

Jarvis slowly rose out of the container, looked around the room, and suddenly darted at Steve. Thor threw his hammer at the robot but he caught it with his hand easily. As if coming out of a trance, he dropped the hammer and glided over to the window.

"Wow, in the past week, 2 people have been able to hold your hammer." I muttered to a defeated looking Thor.

"I am sorry for the attack. I don't know what came over me." Jarvis- no, vision- (I honestly don't remember how we came to decided that was his name) said, gliding back over to us. "Maybe, I am a monster. I'm no better than Ultron."

"Well you can wallow in your monsterly-ness later we have a robot to defeat." I looked around. "Hey guys has anyone seen Nat?" Clint's eyes went wide and he looked around. "I haven't seen her since we got back!"

"I think I saw her getting carried off by some robots but I got overwhelmed by another group and assumed she would've made it back just fine." Said Steve.

"Someone say a random place she might be." I said, suddenly having an idea. "Why?" Clint asked. "Just do it, I want to see if this works."

"Ok..." Tony said, clearly concerned. "Um... is she going to get dinner? Because if not there's a Chinese takeout place down the road."

I rolled my eyes. A prickle could tell me that was a lie, she was with Ultron. "Nows not the time for jokes, she's being held prisoner by Ultron who plans on launching his attack tomorrow morning." I informed.
"You could tell all that by a joke?" Bruce asked. "I'm basically a walking lie detector." I responded.

"Alright well I'm ordering takeout, you guys want anything?" We all looked at him with a look of annoyed disbelief. "What? I say we order takeout, eat dinner, and leave to go defeat this stupid murderous robot.

I shrugged. "He's actually got a point. Could I get some white rice and crab Rangoons?" He nodded and took out his phone.