Chapter 5

*Your P.O.V*

We walked around campus handing out 'Zed 4 Prez' flyers. "Vote Zed for prez, cause I'm a zombie! Not a zom-can't-be," he chuckled at his own joke. "Really?" "Okay, here's the platform. We fight for zombie toppings on pizza in the cafeteria," Eliza said. "Right," Zed replied. "Get zombie tongue taught as a second language." I nodded, "Good." "And how to overthrow your oppressors after school club." We stopped, "Eliza." She nodded, "Right, sorry, don't over promise."

Zed pointed at me then her, "But more importantly, we allow zombies at Prawn." "Good, luck Mr. Future president," Addison said, coming up next to Eliza. "Thanks, Addison." "Y/N! Zed! Did you hear?" We looked at Bree, waiting for her to explain. "Addison is going to be tested for cheer captain! She gets to run practice tomorrow!" I turned to Addison and smiled. "It's not a big deal," she commented. Bree and I looked at her. "Okay it's huge!" I hugged her. "A huge chance to fail!" Lacey commented as they were making buttons. I rolled my eyes and put a hand on Addison's shoulder, "Don't worry Addison, I think you'll do just fine." She smiled, "Thank you Y/N."

"If Addie aces this practice, oh my gosh, she's so gonna be cheer captain once Bucky wins," Bree excitedly said. "Because he's so gonna win, cause you know how elections are just one big popularity contest. And Bucky is super popular. Soo..." Addison and I were shaking our heads, trying to get her to stop speaking. Zed cleared his throat. "What?" "Thanks Bree." I patted Zed's shoulder. I grabbed his hand as Addison spoke, "I know it's weird that I'll only be cheer captain if Bucky's president, but.." "No, that just means neither of us can lose, because one of us is going to get what we want. And I can live with that," Zed cut her off, smiling while squeezing my hand. "Me too," I said, smiling at Addison. Even if Zed doesn't get president, Addison will get the chance to make cheer more inclusive and that's a win for everyone, except Zed and I won't get to go to Prawn together.

She smiled and Zed handed her a flyer, "Zed for prez!" We chuckled and walked with him.

Zed, Eliza and I walked down the hall, talking about who is in who's corner. "With cheer fans in Bucky's camp, and the zombies and football team in mine, the school's split right down the middle!" I pointed to the pack in front of us, "Werewolves are the swing vote." Eliza nodded, "Wolves are key to winning this election." Zed shook his head, looking down, hands on his hips. "But you know winning over the wolves is going to be hard." "Trust me, I got this!" Zed was now confident. "We're going to win the wolves votes, and more! We just have to show them how to fit in, like us." He shrugged, "Easy." The bell rang and the wolves howled, causing Zed to jump. He swallowed and walked in the direction of the pack. I looked at Eliza and smiled sadly, then we followed Zed.

We walked past the library, "Hey Zed, I told Addison and Bree I'd help them study. I gotta go but I'll see you at home." I kissed his cheek, "Okay, have fun Babe." He squeezed my hand, smiling. I looked to Eliza, "I'll see you later Eliza." "See ya, Metal Head." I chuckled and walked into the library.

As I walked in Willa, the alpha, was leaving. "I know the alarm is going to go off if you don't check out those books!" Addison called after her. Willa took off her necklace and threw it at the alarm sensor, it sparks and took out the power. My eyes widened and my hand subconsciously went my reactor. She walked passed me and eyed my reactor then making eye contact and walking away. I was honestly a little intimidated. I know not to get on her bad side.

I walked to the table to catch Wyatt, the brother, saying, "Our necklaces have a way with electronics." Him, Wynter and a few other wolves left the library. I watched them leave before turning to Addison and Bree, "What was that about?" Bree and Addison shared a look, "Willa just told us that the settlers attacked first..." I sat down, "We learn something new everyday."

*Time Skip*

*Zed's P.O.V*

I walked through Zombietown with Eliza and Zoey. "Win the wolves, win the election. Easy." The wolves were sitting outside a Zombie Café, so I walked right up to them. "Hello wolves, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidential hopeful," I said, laughing weakly with my hand extended for a handshake. Except, they all just looked at it, so I retracted it, "...Okay.." Eliza took over for me, "When zombies first came to Seabrook, we were outsiders, too. Which is why you need a great president like Zed, to represent you." I smiled at them. "We'd be honored if you guys joined us." Wynter stood up, hitting her hand on a book, "Our pack is our pack. We don't need anyone else.. so.." "Who doesn't want more friends?" Zoey spoke up, causing everyone to look at her. "Underneath all that fluffy hair, I bet you are a big softie."

Wynter got down on her level, "I am a mean, mean werewolf, kid. I am tough and rough." "Aww, you said, 'ruff'! Like a sweet little puppy dog, 'Ruff! Ruff!'" Zoey said, it was honestly really cute. "We are beast of the forest, we'll never be tamed!" Zoey began scratching behind her ear. "Oh boy. Oh wow, that's great. Oh wow," Wynter sat down. She looked at Willa and the alpha look at her incredulously, "Sorry."

Willa stood, "We're nothing like you zombies." "You sorta are. Your necklace is powered, right?  Kinda like an organic Z-band," Eliza commented. "You're smarter than he looks," Willa responded, looking at me. "Thanks." Okay, so the necklace is like a dampener of their power, right? "So that necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?" I reached forward and Willa slapped my hand away. "The opposite. Our moonstones make us our true werewolf selves." "So, without it you'd be human?" "No, we'd die. We'd be nothing." My demeanor changed, Y/N would die if she didn't have her arc reactor.  "Imagine how alive you'd feel if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves," Wyatt said. "Actually, I have this theory that zombies might've evolved beyond their need for Z-bands," Eliza commented.

I put a hand on her shoulder, laughing nervously, "Z-bands are great! They help you fit in. And I think you guys would have a much better time at Seabrook if you followed in our footsteps. Join a club, play football." I pointed to Wynter, "I'll even teach you how to tackle. Just lighten up. Be more like us."