Chapter 8

*Your P.O.V*

We were running through the forest. I kept having to suppress my coughs, all the running and yelling I've been doing is really wearing me out. I heard a howl and music, "Guys! It's this way!" I pulled Zed and walked up a small hill, seeing a slight trail.

I came to the top and saw the blue glow, "There." I was whispering now, to not get caught. "It doesn't really sound like she's being hurt.." Eliza and Bree walked ahead of the rest of us.

I heard singing. We went right up to the edge of the den opening, peeking around the edge. I saw Addison dancing and singing with the wolves. I smiled, she was happy. I looked up at Zed and he looked scared.

The dancing and singing stopped and they started to howl. I wasn't sure what they were saying though. I looked at everyone else, and they looked scared. I looked up and saw Zed smash his Z-band. He ran to Addison, he was trying to protect her. "Zed!" I ran after him. "Don't make me take this off! You don't want to see me zombie out," he growled, a hand on his Z-band. The wolves started to growl and defend themselves, as well as Addison. Zed ripped his Z-band off and began to zombie out.

"Wolves!" Willa yelled out. Wolves began growling and advancing on Zed. "Stay back!" I jumped up and got on the rock. I looked for the  Z-band. "No!" Addison had it. I held my hand out but I had to duck because he threw a wolf. "Zed! Addison, throw me the band!" She did and I put it on Zed's wrist. He calmed down, "What?" "Zed, she wants to be here!" "Yeah, I want to be here!" Bree held out her phone, "But.. but you texted, 'Help!'?" "Bree, I needed help on the chemistry homework! Didn't you see the beaker emoji?" Bree looked at her phone, "Oh... I see it now.." She laughed awkwardly, "By the way, I love this new look! New hairstylist?" "Werewolves, they know hair." "And manicures," Wynter added.

Addison turned and looked at Zed and I, "They think I might be a werewolf too." Zed was confused, "What? How?" "Maybe a grandparent. My hair means something. This could be my pack!" I smiled at her as Willa and Wyatt walked up next to us. "For centuries, this has been set aside for the Great Alpha." Willa opened the box and the moonstone inside glowed. "A fully charged moonstone is priceless to us, Addison," Wyatt explained. Addison nodded, understanding. "If you're truly one of us, when you put it on, you'll be transformed into a werewolf. Part of our pack, forever." Willa held out the box further toward Addison. Zed interjected, "What? No! Wait.." Addison rolled her eyes, "Can I think about it?" I sighed, sadly.

Willa looked at Wyatt and Wynter, they nodded. She turned back to Addison, "For a day." Addison took the box. "Once you've joined us, you can lead us to the hidden moonstone," Wyatt said. "But she doesn't know where it is," Wynter pointed out. As if on que the ground shook, I held on to Zed, coughing a bit.

We ran out of the den to see what it was. Bonzo pointed over the horizon, Seabrook Power in perfect view. "Yeah. The explosion must have came from Seabrook Power," Zed concluded. I nodded, "They must be testing charges for the demolition tomorrow." Eliza looked at Willa and Wyatt, "Seabrook Power is the birthplace of zombies." "A little lime soda mixed with some mysterious energy and BANG! Zombies." Wynter snarled at him and he jumped back. "Nice story, but it doesn't concern us," Willa said. "Wait, but it does concern you Willa," Addison retorted. "Seabrook Power was fueled by a mysterious energy source. That could be your moonstone right?" Wyatt turned to Willa, "She found the moonstone. She's amazing." I patted Addison shoulder, smiling. "If she's right.. wow." Willa turned to her, "We'll see you at school tomorrow Addison." Addison nodded, "Okay. Tomorrow. Big day." Addison walked down the trail, us following and the wolves going to the den.

*Time Skip*

We got to the bottom and I couldn't keep the coughs in anymore. "Hey, guys, I know we gotta get home, but I need to sit down," I carefully sat on a rock. "You okay?" Addison asked, kneeling in front of me. I shook my head. Zed sat next to me and held my hand. I started coughing, "Get *coughs* me- me *cough* my phone."

*Zed's P.O.V*

Y/N's coughing was scaring me, she's never acted like this before and as far as I know she's never been real sick. "Where's your phone Babe?" She pointed but continued to cough. Eliza began to search the ground. "Gruz," Bonzo picked it up and handed it to me. "Jane?" (the new AI you and your dad programed) "Yes Zed?" "Call Tony." The phone began ringing and I put it on speaker.

"Hey Tiger, caught me at a good time what's up?" "Mr. Stark, it's Zed," I said, trying to remain calm. "Zed-" Y/N coughed really loud. "Was that Y/N? Is she sick?" "No- maybe- I don't know, she looks really tired and she's coughing. What do I do?" "Do you have any water near by?" I looked at everyone, Bonzo pulled a bottle out of his vest pocket and handed it to me. I sat the phone in my lap, "Yeah." I helped her drink it. "She drinking it?" "Yeah, what happened?" He sighed, "So she didn't tell you." "Tell me what?" "Her heart condition is ever changing, so every couple of years, the reactor needs to be updated, cleaned, or just a part replacement. It takes a bit for her to get adjusted to it." I sighed in relief. "Y/N, Tiger, are you okay?"

She drank the water that was in her mouth and spoke, "Yeah Dad, I'm okay now. Thank you." "Y/N, you need to be careful." She nodded, "I know. I've just had a lot going on today, but I'm usually okay." "Mmm-hmm, alright Tiger, just don't scare me like that. Zed, thank you for calling me. I'll talk to you guys later. I love you Tiger." "I love you too Dad." I hung up the phone and hugged Y/N. I felt tears in my eyes, "Oh my gosh, Baby." She hugged back, "I'm sorry Babe, I just didn't want you to worry about me. I'm usually fine." "Well I know now," I squeezed her and then we pulled away.

I looked at everyone to see them still worried. "Guys, I'm sorry for worrying you. But I'm okay now, let's go home," she apologized. "And thank you, Bonzo, for the water." "Garuzah," he said, smiling. "Can you walk?" Addison asked, going to help her stand. She shook her head, "That took a lot out of me." I immediately picked her up, "Not to worry, I'll carry you." She giggled and buried her head in my neck. "Let's go," Eliza waved us on and we walked the rest of the way to Zombietown.