Not today

Mally's PoV

After a while, I was able to pass all the trainings and was set for my debut as the champion to the Selrius community.

One day I was at my living quarter, I practiced one of my powers of summoning objects from a magical storage room by summoning my phone from there, and then I heard a knock. The door opened and it was Takme-Ri. He let himself in and stood facing me. He then handed me a grenade. As I had the grenade cupped in my hands, Takme-Ri pulled out the pin, I was about to throw it away but he gently squeezed my hand to keep me dropping the grenade.

"It's time," he said in his broad voice, "Follow me."

We stood up and went outside, I followed him to one of the larger buildings and we went up the stairs, I could hear a mix of loud noises.

I got fully excited and somewhat bored at the same time, "This will all be mine," I whispered.

"In our people's eyes, they'll see you as our savior," he spoke to me with his deep-toned voice, "But for the rest of the world, they'll remember you as a tyrant, a monster, ruthless. That's the legacy the world might have on you."

"I'm fine with that, as long as I'm somebody," I replied, and then I examined the grenade, "So what does that have to do with me holding a grenade?" I raised it to him, "It's not like I have the power to eat grenades for breakfast," then I twitched my eyebrows and widened my eyes, "Unless..." I began to open my jaw as wide as I can and was about to shove the grenade when Takme-Ri intervened.

"It's not that," he informed and began to walk ahead, I followed him, "As you might have been aware, some debris from the ships and our planet were affected by the radiation from the source, the humans who were lucky/wealthy enough to get those special debris were given powers, they're as much of a threat as the Scisces-Libquarius," we arrived at a door and Takme-Ri opened it, outside was a deep pit full of teenagers and adults, in every side were barrels of oil and bombs. One of them I recognized as a pilot but don't much remember which plane, "We were lucky enough to round them up," he said to me, then turned to my direction "Kill them, with the grenade that is in your hands," he pointed at the grenade.

It felt like time was frozen, I've killed people before but it was mainly due to rush or in the mood. Now, I have time to clearly decide. "Why can't we just recruit them?" I asked.

"We could but they'll eventually change their minds and revolt against us," Takme-Ri replied.

"Then why should I be the one to do this?" I questioned.

"Because we need to show the other Selrius that you're the real deal, that you're their ruthless leader, their champion," Takme-Ri answered, then gestured to the audience above the pit, cheers sprung from the seats.

I move to the edge, stretched my arms to prepare for my dropping.

Thoughts ran through my head, something took hold of me, one thing motivated me the most, this is who I am and I'm not about to lose my shot at being the person I'm meant to be.

"So let's not disappoint them," I said in a sadistic tone.

I dropped the grenade and I grinned as I heard the screams of the people. I didn't feel the heat, I just felt a strange feeling that got me tingled. I looked back and saw Takme-Ri, he had a more approving smile on his bearded face.

He arranged a carriage to take us to the main base. From a distance I was able to see the features. It was a fenced wall and a couple more vehicles, in every house, similar to the one in Mozambique. When we got there, everyone looked at me with confusion. I waved my hand like a queen and we stopped at a big house.

I got my tattoo glowed and we met at the empty room, there was a world map plastered on the wall with a few marks.

"I'll get you up to date of our recent intel," he stated to me, "Turns out an old enemy had been creating quite a long list of bases he had destroyed," he then turned towards me, "You might know him as Ron," my heart beated so rapidly, I didn't know if I should be scared of Ron or be excited that I might be able to kill him, Takme-Ri continued, "He had destroyed the North American bases, destroyed the Russian base a few years back, recently destroyed the other European bases and has currently been on a rampage in Asia."

"Wait, are those bases like these?" I asked, "Or more fortified?"

"Our bases around the world were merely old storage buildings or something like that since we mostly focus on resources," he responded.

"But don't worry," A girl's voice came in, "I have a friend who... let's just would make sure his... extinguished."

"Good Maria, thanks for the intel, took you long enough," Takme-Ri said sternly to her. The girl approached me, she had bob hair cut, round glasses, wearing a plain black shirt and jeans. Takme-Ri turned to me, "Oh Champion, this is Maria, she is the leader of the Ligs in the Philippines," he said to me.

She and I shook hands and immediately recognized each other.

"You're one of his friends that fought me during valentine's day," she recalled to me.

"And you're his ex!" I sarcastically told her.

She didn't mind the insult and shrugged it off, "I tried convincing him to live his normal life so he could stay out of our way and no longer be a threat," Maria walked towards the papers on the table, probably where they listed the bases, "I guess that didn't work," she let out a sigh and to me at least... there was something else in her mind..

"He did live a normal life, " I informed as I made my way to her, "He even missed out the group's time-traveling quest."

"Whatever happened to him to change his mind," she said to me, as she brushed her fingers across the papers, "He came back stronger and more dangerous. He set me free earlier this month, Jelli convinced him to not kill me and I made my way here."

I turned to the map and examined it, "How was he able to destroy the bases?" I asked.

"The last time I saw Ron, he was as furious as an angry bear," she responded, "I saw from a distance, he summoned a tidal wave and sank an entire ship full of Selrius clones. He flew over them... I could still hear the roars and scream as he attacked a Ligs base..." she paused, I could see her hand twitched, sensed that something crossed her mind that made her gasp, "I can't believe he and I were friends"

My heart beated even more rapidly, but I remembered my powers and calmed down.

Then we discussed our further plans. We decided to head to the European bases to help rebuild them and gather resources they were able to save. While that was happening, Maria announced midway through the German trip, she gathered a small group of Ligs back to the Philippines to take the bunker, no one questioned her intention but she was able to convince because the bunker had a large collection of weapons.