Epilogue

This is it. The End. Nothing Left To Write. I hope you enjoyed the ride. 

-Lok

QUICK EDIT - Y/N is non-binary - using They/Them pronouns and the Mx. honorific. <3

-------------------------

POV: Third Person

The Oscars were in full swing, the awards for Original Score and Original Song had just been awarded. The crowd fell silent as the orchestra began to play a soft instrumental tune.

Meryl Streep walked onto the stage, taking her place behind the microphone.

"This evening, we celebrate the achievements not only of our award winners, but each and every nominee. We also pause to honor all those artists who have left us since our last awards ceremony. The men, women and others whose movies have so entertained and inspired us. Only a few of them can be highlighted here tonight, but let's now give tribute to all their extraordinary lives and works. With the Los Angeles Philharmonic under the direction of maestro Gustavo Dudamel." She said, before bowing off the stage and the In Memoriam presentation began.

Directors to cinematographer, writers to visual effect supervisors. Composers to casting directors; and everyone in between. The names just kept coming, thirty highlighted in total. As the final name was shown, there was a small clip included.

Y/N Y/L/N

Actor

The clip was from the most recent Avengers movie, where Y/N's character was giving a rousing speech to the team.

In the crowd, two figures held each other tightly, with several others around them stiffening up.

The music ended, the screen raising to leave the stage clear once more.

Cate Blanchet came onto the stage, holding a red envelope. She smiled as she stepped up to the microphone. She made a quick quip about her previous performances, which gathered a laugh from the audience.

"Here are the nominees for performance by an actor in a leading role.

Robert Pattinson, Batman

Tom Holland, Spider-Man 4

Tom Hiddleston, Before It's Too Late

Rami Malek, Mr. Robot: Data-Hack

Viggo Mortensen, Return To The Shire

And the Oscar goes to... Tom Holland."

Tom Holland hugged his long time girlfriend Zendaya and his fellow Marvel cast members before making his way to the stage.

"Wow. I uh.. I don't actually know what to say. I guess I want to say thank you to Marvel for giving me a chance, to my family for being there every step of the way. Thank you to the Academy, for the support. Thank you to my Marvel cast mates, who look at me like a little brother." There were a few tears down his cheeks at the mention of his Marvel family. The thought of one specific member not being here. "A special thank you to Y/N, who took me under their wing, became one of my best friends, made me laugh on bad days. You will be missed, Y/N."

He stepped away from the microphone, heading backstage with his award. There was a final look at one of the best picture nominees, as the crowd prepared for Best Actress.

"It's an honor to be presenting this award this evening, to one of this amazing group of women who have rocked the entertainment world." Matthew McConaughey spoke, holding a bright red envelope.