Chapter 5 - No Room To Breathe

WARNINGS: Trigger warning for: Drug and Alcohol Use, Violence, Gore, Death, Abuse.

Please be aware of those triggers as the story goes on. Each chapter will have trigger warnings across the top just in case. IF ANY OF THOSE BOTHER YOU, DO NOT READ THIS STORY.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to DM me or comment on the chapter.

Thanks and Enjoy!

-Lok

QUICK EDIT - Y/N is non-binary - using They/Them pronouns and the Mx. honorific. <3

-------------------------

POV: Liz

Y/N has been home for two weeks at this point and they have only grown more and more distant from Tom and I. I could feel my heart breaking at the thoughts coming into my head. Did they not love us anymore, were they sick of us? I was lost in thought, staring at one of my cherry tomato plants, thoughts running rampant in my head.

"Dear?.... Dear?.... Liz?" Tom's voice cut into my thoughts.

"Hmm." I hummed, not bothering to look up at him.

"You are lost in thought, and I can tell it's doing something to you." He admitted, sitting down next to me. "Talk to me, dear."

I leaned against him and vented every thought and feeling I had had over the last two weeks. He understood my thoughts and feelings.

"I just feel like they are sliding away and I... I can't lose them, I don't want to lose them, Dorogoy."

"You aren't losing me..." A voice said from behind us.

We both turned and spotted our lover leaning against the doorway. "Detka..."

"It's fine. I understand that you are upset. I... I just... something's not right with me." Y/N admitted, wrapping their arms around their chest. "I've been having nightmares, more than I've told you two about. I'm trying... to protect you."

"Protect us from what, darling?"

"From me. From what I am becoming." With that, they disappeared back inside.

"What just happened?" I asked, looking at Tom.

"I don't know but I'm concerned." He said, standing and pulling me to my feet. We went after them, only to find that they weren't in the house.

I raced upstairs to their bedroom, only to find a note taped on the door.

"Sweetheart and Babe,

I'm sure you are confused as to what's going on. I can't really explain right now. I love you both, and I don't want to lose either of you or hurt either of you. Something is going on in my head right now, and I am scared I will hurt you both. Please don't take this as me leaving the relationship, I love you both dearly, but I have to leave to keep you both safe. I will still go to work, but I cannot be here at the house.

I'm so sorry,

I love you both

-Y/N"

"TOM!"

----------------------------

POV: Y/N

I took my motorcycle, instead of one of the cars. I knew that the car could be tracked, but my motorcycle didn't have that tech attached. The duffel I had packed was strapped to my back as I raced through the city. My destination was a small hotel on the riverside. I had booked the hotel under a name I used a few times in Atlanta when filming for Marvel. Once I checked in, I locked myself in the hotel room and looked down at my cell phone.