Chapter 11 - Promos

WARNINGS: Trigger warning for: panic attacks.

Thanks and Enjoy!

-Lok

QUICK EDIT - Y/N is non-binary - using They/Them pronouns and the Mx. honorific. <3

-------------------------

POV: Y/N

The promo tour started a week ago and now we are in Orlando, Florida for a horror movie convention, which I didn't even know existed before this. This was a horrible idea. We would be doing a promo panel for the convention, and we would be showing a snapshot of the movie. I had been told specifically that it would be good for me to have a set of in-ear headphones so that when the snapshot started, I could tune it out if I felt myself slipping.

"Welcome the cast of 'BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE'" The host of the panel said, as Evans, Scar, Tom, Liz and I made our way onto the stage. "It kinda looks like a Marvel Reunion up here."

"That's because it kinda is. We are just missing Holland, Seb, Brie and Hemsworth." Scar said, smirking as she sat down directly to my left.

The host was on the far left, with Evans next to him. Scar sat down next, with me in the center, Liz and Tom at the end.

"So what can you tell us about the movie?" The host prompted and it seemed like everyone looked at me.

"I guess this is my question..." I laughed softly. "The FBI is chasing a serial killer who is a lot closer than anyone thinks..."

"Ohhh mysterious." The host hyped, moving on to a few other questions that they knew they could ask, before the snapshot could be shared. As the time drew near, I felt myself getting unsettled, so I pulled my phone out under the table and put on calming music, just barely loud enough for me to hear. Liz looked at me in concern, but I took a sip of water, not responding to her.

"So it seems like you five have a sneak peek for us?" The host prompted, looking at me. Why was he looking at me?

I sighed softly, knowing I would need to introduce the sneak peek.

"You all want a sneak peek?" I tried my best to hype the sneak peek. I didn't know what the sneak peek included, so it was starting to make me uneasy. The crowd cheered loudly, so I took that as a sign they were ready for it. "ROLL IT!"

I subtly turned the volume up on my ear buds, but I could still hear the sneak peek. They had to pick this scene. I felt my heart speed up as the scene played.

SCENE START

Riley - "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" while serving dinner.

Heather - "Another meeting with the task force, seems that the bodies are actually connected, we are looking for one person." takes a bite of food.

Riley - "How many bodies is that now?"

Heather - "30 if we connected them correctly."

Riley does not answer, taking a sip of wine. The two continue eating in silence.

SCENE END

----

NEXT SCENE

Mason - "You are psychotic."

Killer - "Actually, I am sociopathic, there is in fact a difference." Runs knife across Mason's bare chest, blood bubbling up from the cut. "What you are going to do is write a letter to the police, detailing your crimes, from the very beginning. Once you are done, give it to me."