chapter 26

Stephanie's POV-

I was helping lizzie's mom in the kitchen, we were working in a comfortable silence when she suddenly spoke up.

"So steph, you're 21? You look so much younger but lizzie said you were 21."

" Yeah but my 22nd is coming up soon." I say with a giggle. People always think I'm 18 or 19.

"So who taught you to cook?" She asks as u finly chop the bed the way my mom taught me when I was young.

"My mom, she owns a restaurant and I grew up helping around the place until I left for college."

"No wonder your good at chopping."

"Yeah, I cant tell you how many times I ended up cutting my fingers by accident." I say with a giggle looking down at my fingers that all had atleast one little cut on them.

"What kind of restaurant does your mom run?"

"Its a mix between Mexican and Italian, she wanted to incorporate both of heritages."

"So your Mexican and Italian?"

"Yeah only a little Mexican, my bio father is full Italian. But yeah I'm  still latina." I say with a giggle.

"Bio? You have more than one?"

"Yeah my bio and mom weren't soulmates, but they had me and my older sister. Then he fucked- sorry. He left when I was one because he met his soulmate and didn't want us anymore. My real father the one that raised me is the best dad I could ask for."

" oh I'm so sorry, and it's okay if you swear."

"Its okay, he gave me a good step mom and amazing little sisters. I cut him off when I was 16 after seeing him twice since he left." I say starting to tear up.

I mean I hate him so much but it upsets me to think he never really wanted me or to know me.

"So you get on with your step mom?" She asked as she stopped what she was doing to turn to me.

"Yeah, she is amazing she is like my second mum.. well she is, I call her mama. She always cared even if he didn't."

With that she pulled me into a hug and started to gently rub my back.

"Shh it's okay.. I'm sorry for asking." She said as I cried into her shoulder.

" lizzie!" She shouted out while still hugging me.

"Yea- steph? Is she okay."  I heard lizzie say as I was pulled into another set of arms.

"I don't know we were talking and her buo dad came up and at the end this happened.. is she okay?"

"Yeah she will be, I'm going to take her to the bed room for a bit. Do you want me to send in one of the twins to help?"

"No I've got it."

I felt myself being picked up and carried away.

I stuffed my head into lizzies neck while allowing myself to calm down.

" you okay bubs?" She whispers while gently closing the door.

She places me down on the bed before climbing in next to me.

"Im sorry, I don't normally cry about him... it's just... why I'm I his only child that didn't get to grow up with him? Why didn't he care."

"Because hes an awful baby and he should see how lucky he was to have you as a kid." She says softly while playing with my hair.

______
Lizzie's POV-

I just sit and hold steph while she let's it all out.

I knew she needed this, she never cried about this apparently, she didn't even tear up eyes when he didn't even know what daughter she was.