05 Sharing is Caring, Right?

When they arrived at school, Angel attempted to make an escape to the doors as fast as she could, but Will was right on her heels. He was trying to say anything that would get her to talk to him further about the bomb she'd just dropped on him. "I'm sure he doesn't actually hate you."

She stopped on the lawn and turned to him, glaring. "Shut up about shit you know nothing about, Stronghold. I didn't tell you so that you could try and make me feel better, I don't care. I told you so you'd leave me alone."

"Yeah, but Angel-"

"You bothering my girl, Stronghold?" an annoying voice called from behind Angel. She rolled her eyes and looked at Lash.

She spat at him, "I am not your girl."

"Not yet, dollface," he said and winked at her. Then he turned his attention to Will as his sidekick friends walked up behind him. And where there was Lash, there was Speed, who ran up on his other side and crossed his arms. "So, is there a problem here?"

Will gaped at them, then looked at Angel for some kind of help. She scoffed and shook her head. "You're unbelievable, Stronghold. Don't think we're friends just because our parents are," she told him, then turned and started up the stairs. Lash and Speed gave them warning looks before following her up the stairs.

"So, what was all that about?" Lash asked as they walked through the doors.

Angel stayed quiet a moment before smirking. "Little Stronghold hasn't told his big hero daddy that he hasn't got any powers," she said, approaching her locker.

"Oh man, that is hilarious," Speed laughed and leaned on the locker beside hers. He looked at her curiously. "How do you know that?"

"His parents had my family over for dinner last night," she said, rolling her eyes and putting her bag in her locker. It was already jam packed with so much stuff, though, she was having a hard time getting it in there. "Why do freshmen have to have the small lockers?"

"Because you're all so little," Lash teased.

Once she got her bag squished into her locker, she pulled off her jacket, her wings bursting free. Lash looked at them longingly as they stretched and twitched. His voice brought her attention back to her. "It's stupid. Everyone should have the same space. Especially freshmen if they're going to give us all this stupid work."

The boys watched her struggle to find a place for her jacket inside her locker. Lash glanced up at Speed, who rolled his eyes at his friend.

"I've got room in my locker," Lash said, resting his arm over her head as he leaned on the lockers. She looked at him, about to refuse when her bag, books, and other school essentials fell out of her locker at her feet. "As I was saying."

He grabbed her bag and some of her books and carried them around the corner. She shoved what was left on the ground into her locker and slammed it shut, running after him. Speed laughed and followed behind her. "Get back here, Livingston!"

When she caught up to him, Lash was already hanging her bag in his locker. She tried to grab her things from the locker, but he shut it before she could. She turned to him and hit him in the chest. "You jerk! Give me my stuff back!"

Lash feigned hurt before chuckling. "I'm not stealing your stuff, dollface. Just sharing my locker with you." She glared at him with disbelief. "Look, I'll even give you the combo."

He turned her around and put his arms around her to reach the lock. While he showed her the combination, he pressed his chest to her back and whispered the numbers in her ear. She kept her cool, whether that be from anger or some other emotion she didn't know, as she memorized the numbers.