Chapter 23 (The Emerald Isle)

"Excellent effort, Mr Nautski. But the result still remains the same. I am once again triumphant"

"Subaru wasn't kidding for once, you are strong. I can't even move your hand one inch in the other direction" Kenichi said, while he rubbed the palm of his hand.

Reinhard and Kenichi had a couple matches of arm wrestling. Reinhard won every single one. He would always have a mean grip over Kenichi's hand.

No matter how hard Kenichi tried. He would never be able to move Reinhard's hand a single inch. It stood still like a statue made out of titanium.

Everymatch went the same. The match would start, and Kenichi would do everything he could to slam Reinhard's hand into the table. After his attempts came with no success, Reinhard would immediately slam his hand down in the opposite direction, declaring himself the winner.

There was a sudden loud knock at the door. "Would you please excuse me, Mr Natuski. It seems that there's someone at the door"

Reinhard got up and walked towards the door. When he arrived, he opened it to find a messenger who had been sent from the grand Lugnican council to overlay an important message.

"Attention! Word has been spreading that our enemy, The kingdom of Aureus is assembling its warships in rapid numbers along its coasts. All in preparation for an all-out invasion of the Lugnican occupied island of Larnaca. Ram and her camp are hereby summoned by the grand council to oversee its defense," The messenger said.

"Understood. When are we ordered to ship out?"

"By noon and no later. I know it must not be easy to cut your wedding celebrations short, but this matter is urgent.

"I've gotten used to the hardships of being in the military, and will always rise to the occasion upon request. Ram will immediately take charge of the island. We will leave at noon as ordered" Reinhard said.

When the messenger left, Reinhard closed the door and immediately went to inform Ram of their orders handed to them.

Ram was a little sad to have to leave her sister so suddenly, but like Reinhard. She understood the hardships and responsibilities of being a royal candidate.

"Rem, me and Reinhard have to leave to attend important business. You and Barusu can stay here while we are gone. If we do not come back, before you guys have to leave, Goodbye Rem, I hope to see you again in a couple months"

"Nee-Sama, we have barely even talked yet. I haven't got the chance to tell you about my experiences about going to school with Subaru.

"I'm sorry, Rem. You can tell me about it when we meet next time. I promise to listen to everything you have to say"

"Nee-Sama, can we please come with you... I won't be able to see you again for months possibly"

"Rem, I do not trust to bring Barusu along for any important meetings or trips. He will only cause trouble. Remember that one meeting he went to with Emilia?"

"Subaru has come a long way since then. He didn't do anything wrong the last time he went to a royal meeting, remember?"

"I guess you're right... Fine, you guys can come with us. But Barusus parents have to stay behind. I'd rather not take more people along with me for a business trip"

Rems' face lit up the second she heard that she and Subaru were allowed to go. "Thank you Nee-Sama!" Rem said.

"Your welcome, Rem. But please promise me that Barusu will behave, and not do anything stupid"