2

You flopped down on the grass with a thud. The next day had been as tiring as the last. Of course your boss made you do more work. No matter what he always found a way to push your buttons. You knew he only did this because you needed the money. Living on your own is hard and every coin counts wether it's copper or gold.

You wiped the sweat off of your forehead as you closed your eyes. Why'd it have to be so hot today.

Just as you closed your eyes a shadow casted over you. "Hello? Earth to Y/n?"

You opened your eyes to see your best friend - Dionne. The two of you had been best friends ever since you were children. You never did anything without Dionne. And Dionne never did anything without you. That is, until she moved. Her and their family moved to the village the two of you lived at now a long time ago. But Dionne always made sure to write to you all the time which you always looked forward to.

It had always been your dream to travel away from your home town ever since Dionne moved away. So when you were 19 years old she helped you settle over here which happened to be where the royal family lived. Now you were 21 and planning to leave to travel again soon. You were too impatient and energetic to live at one place your whole life. You promised yourself that as soon as you got enough money you would travel to different places and never be bored again. Hopefully that was soon.

"Oh hey Dionne." You used your elbows to sit yourself up. "What're you doing here I thought you had work?"

They sat down besides you. "I do. I'm just here because the prince wanted to go see his friend in the village and I have to babysit."

You chuckled. "Isn't the prince 16 almost 17 now?"

"Yep."

You quirked an eyebrow at her. "Then why do you have to babysit a teenager."

She laid back onto the grass, sighing. "Oh you know why. Royalty are very important and must be protected."

You laid back with them. "But don't they have guards for that. I mean no offense but you literally suck at fighting."

She laughed. "First of all rude. Second of all yes they do but ever since his eldest son decided to leave and do his own thing the king has become very protective of his remaining sons."

You hummed. "Mm I see." You smiled. "The eldest prince is lucky. I wish I could just leave and do my own thing."

Dionne faced you. "Oh you and your traveling."

You smiled at her. "Yeah yeah I know."

"Have you ever seen the eldest prince?" She asked.

You thought for a moment. "I don't think so. He left before I moved here i'm pretty sure."

"Oh that's right. Well he's supposed to be coming back in a few days so maybe you'll meet him."

You turned to them. "Really? He's coming back?"

She nodded. "Yeah I guess so. According to the other workers in the castle he's only coming back for a few weeks to hang out with his family before he leaves for the Antarctic."

Your eyes widened. "Woah that's actually pretty cool. And honestly I would do that too. If I were traveling that far away id wanna go see my family."

"Would you want to see me as well?"

You laughed. "Dionne your my family too of course id to see you."

She laughed with you, pulling you into a hug.

They gasped. "Oh I better go check in on the boys." She stood up. "I'll see you later okay?"

You stood up with her. "Okay sounds good."

You waved her off as she walked away.

All that talking about the prince made you wonder. Maybe you would see him when he arrives.