10

You and the royal family were now gathered in a room specifically held for personal urgent meetings like this. In the middle of the room was a big table with a map in the middle of it - which you assumed was of the kingdom. King Phil and Wilbur were on one side while Prince Tom and Technoblade were on both opposite sides. That left you across from the King and Lord Wilbur.

The King cleared his throat. "Now that we aren't in the eyes of the public we need to talk strategy."

"What strategy I already said I'm going." Technoblade said.

King Phil sighed, pinching his nose bridge in distress. "And I already said your not. We will think of another way."

Technoblade now changed his stance to where both of this hands were on the table. "This is the only way. I'll make my way through the forest to where our main portal is to the nether."

He moved his finger along the map to show the path he would take. "It's not a long trip I can leave right now and make it before sunset."

"Techno no. That's a risky plan" Wilbur said. "It isn't safe."

"How isn't it safe? They won't hurt me. And once i'm gone the village and everyone in it will be safe."

Wilbur looked stumped. Was that really his only argument? Maybe you should speak up. Were you absolutely terrified to? Yes one hundred percent. But you needed to say something and not be completely useless.

"Actually," You started. "Who's to say they won't attack once your gone."

Everyone was looking you, including the guards in the room which was very intimidating and not helping you remain calm at all.

"What do you mean commoner?" Technoblade said in an uninterested tone.

You brushed off the nickname and continued. "The Nether Kingdom isn't known for just handling things peacefully. Even with the treaty going they're still rather aggressive."

"We can't be fully sure they won't do anything once your with them. If anything they'll just use you as an advantage to destroy the whole kingdom." You said.

Technoblade took his hands off the table to cross his arms. "I'll just refuse to help then."

"If you refuse then they'll just continue to cause havoc anyways and if you won't help them then." You gulped. "They might kill you or worse."

He narrowed his eyes. "And what if they don't kill me?"

You were now leaning against the table with one hand. "There are hundreds of scenarios that could go down. They could hold villagers hostage or even your family hostage just to make you do something!"

You looked him in the eyes seriously. "You need to understand that you going won't just stop everything."

The room fell silent. They were all taking your words in.

Finally though, Wilbur spoke. "Y/n's right. I mean even if you did go and they didn't do anything afterwards it'll never be the same after that. The treaty for sure won't go on and then that's the next thing we have to worry about."

Technoblade tsked. "Fine. I won't go. But we need to figure something out soon because we have no idea when they plan on attacking with i'm guessing fire due to the poster." He slammed one of them down on the table.

"Until we figure this out no one is resting." He faced you. "Not even you."

You looked at him. You were sure he could tell how uneasy you were. "Trust me, I wasn't planning on resting anyways. I wanna help as much as I can."

Technoblade stood up straight. He didn't say anything, he only went off to go to a different side of the room. Your eyes stayed on him even after he was now sat in a corner with his eyes shut. Guess he needed alone time.

It was only when King Phil approached you when you got out of your trance.

"Thank you, Y/n." He said with a soft smile on his face.

You quirked an eyebrow at him. "For what your majesty?"

"For convincing my son to stay."

You now returned the smile. "Of course, why wouldn't I? I know how much this means to you."

"Well it's just," He looked over to Technoblade. "I know the two of you obviously don't get along but you still tried to get him to stay. So for that I am grateful."

"Thank you your majesty, I promise to help you anyway I can." You said, causing him to look at you again.

"I know. Now why don't you go and rest. I'll have a room accommodated for you so you don't have to go too far and can safely help us of course."

Your face lit up. "Thank you so much I really appreciate the gesture."

You didn't dare deny an offer to stay in a fancy castle room.

"It's no problem at all. In fact, it'll be right across from Technoblade's room so if you need anything you can just go to him or one of our many helpers." The King said.

Never mind. You would rather go back home then be sleeping across the ways from him. But you already accepted the offer, too late to go back now. Maybe he won't get payback for spitting on him while your sleeping. You shivered at the thought of that.

"I'll have Dionne help you settle into the room. They should be back by now." He said.

A new adventure and a fancy room to stay in? This'll be fun.