Chapter 10

Touka sat down on Hinami's bed, facing Kaneki. "Where did you go you baka?"

"Sorry Touka-chan... I meant to defeat all of them and faster get back to Anteiku but I let down my guard. At least Hinami is safe. I didn't mean to worry you..." Kaneki used his finger and wiped away her tears.

"I thought you left me alone..." Touka leaned her head against Kaneki's chest and he pulled her into a hug. "Sorry..." Kaneki kissed her head.

A knocking sound came. "Kaneki-kun, Touka-chan, can I come in?" The two ghouls separated and Kaneki answered yes.

Yoshimura and Kaneki had a small chat.

Yoshimura opens the door. "Okay Kaneki-kun, you rest and come back to work anytime. Don't worry about us. Your health is more important."

"Yes thank you Manager." Yoshimura closed the door.

"Don't tell kuso Nishiki I was crying." Touka said as she cleaned her tears. "Mm. Touka-chan, come closer."

"What?"

Kaneki pulled her in and landed his lips on her. "I'm recharging." He smiled.

The two of them shared many kisses to make up for the 2 weeks.

- A week later -

Kaneki has completely healed and life resumes to normal. Touka is currently studying for entrance exams so she hasn't been putting more hours into working. She told Kaneki she wants to enter Kamii University, the one he went to but didn't managed to complete. Kaneki tried to talk her out of it but Touka has already decided to complete studying at Kamii for Kaneki's sake.

Knock knock. Kaneki waited a few seconds.

"ARGH!!"

Kaneki heard Touka's shouting and charged into her room.

Touka was clutching her head and staring down at her paper. Kaneki sighed in relief then stared at her for the 5 minutes and she still hasn't written anything down.

"Do you need help with that?" Kaneki asked.

"Wah!" Touka jumped out of her chair. "You scared me! Why didn't you knock?!" She sat back down on her chair again while looking at Kaneki.

"I did but you didn't answer so I just came in. Are you stuck on that? I can help you."

"Oh." She looked back at her homework then to Kaneki. "Will you? Thanks."

He walked to Touka's desk and picked her worksheet up. He studied it for a moment. "Hmm so this multiply this equals this then you square root the answer to get this..." Kaneki explained as he scribbled down some workings on her paper in pencil.

"Sorry could you explain that again? I didn't get it."

Kaneki patiently explained the problem to her again. He did the same for the other questions.

After they're done with all the questions, Kaneki told Touka that he'll be in his room if she needs him for anything and went back.

"It's just because I didn't get to say thanks to him, okay? It's not because I want him to pay attention to me..." Touka talked to herself while outside of Kaneki's door.

Knock Knock. Kaneki didn't reply so she let herself in. When she went in, Kaneki was sitting on the couch, reading his book. He was too engrossed in his reading that he even failed to notice Touka entering his room.

"Kaneki."

Kaneki looked up from his book. "Oh Touka-chan. Didn't notice you came in. What's the matter?"