Chapter 23

Luhan instantly jumped on Chen as he entered the cafe.

"Ow! Wha-- Luhan?!" Chen asked. Luhan nodded. "What do you want?!" Chen asked, annoyed. Luhan stood up and brushed himself off. "I need you to tell me where Haruki lives!" Luhan declared. Chen choked on air and stood up. "Yah! Where she lives is none of your business!" Chen stated, annoyed. "It is! For I have something to tell her!" Luhan said. "And what is that?" Chen asked. Luhan blushed. "W-well, it's none of your business! J-just tell me where sh-she lives!" Luhan stomped his feet. Chen paused, and then sighed.

"Luhan."

"Yeah?"

"Are you being serious?"

"W-well of course I am! Isn't it o-obvious?!"

".."

"Just tell me where she lives, PLEASE!"

"She lives in that white and red house near the bubble tea shop."

"Yey! Thanks, Jongdae!"

Chen's eyes widened.

"How'd you know my real name!"

"Haruki told me so! Bye!!"

Luhan waved and skipped to Haruki's house. Chen just stood there and sighed. That boy was doing things that were quite foolish.

But he, Baekhyun and Chanyeol did that all the time didn't they?

Luhan twitched in front of Haruki's house.

The truth is, Luhan wants to confess his feelings to this yeoja that caught his attention since day 1.

'Should I have brought flowers? Oh no, what if she thinks of me differently because I didn't bring flowers?' Luhan thought to himself in a panic. Luhan inhaled and brought all his confidence out.

Ding dong!

Luhan jumped as he rang the house's doorbell. Suddenly, a woman who appeared to be in her 30s or 40s opened the door.

"Oh! Hello boy! What are you here for?" She asked. Luhan froze. But instantly gained some confidence. "Um..... Is your, like, daughter here?" Luhan asked. The woman smiled. "I see, well she is here." She said. The woman excused herself and went to get Haruki. Luhan inhaled and exhaled to relax himself. He needs to look awesome for this, Luhan straightened his hair and stood straight. The woman came back down. "Haruki said that you should come in her room." The woman told Luhan. "A-ah! Thank you for telling me!" Luhan said and hesitantly went in. "You can take your shoes off." The woman said and went somewhere else. Luhan took off his shoes and went up to the second floor.

'Aish.... Where is her room?' Luhan wondered and saw a room with a orange door, and it also has a label on it. Which, apparently the label has Haruki's name. Luhan knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Said a voice that Luhan figured was Haruki. Luhan nearly jumped out of nervousness and excitement. He slowly opened the door to Haruki sitting on her bed. "Oh! Luhan!" Haruki exclaimed and got up. She smiled. "What brings you here?" She asked. Luhan laughed.

"I'm here to... Uh..." Suddenly, Haruki's phone rang. "Oh, hold on a second." She said and put the phone on her ear.

"Moshi moshi?"

"Ah! Konnichiwa, Yui! Why'd you call?"

"Oh? Someone in my house? Well..."

Haruki paused and looked at Luhan. Luhan just shrugged, she was speaking in Japanese anyway.

"Luhan-san is here."

"Hai. Nande?"

"E-eh?"

Haruki's expression was really clueless.

"N-no way! Anyways, I have to.... Hang up, Yui. Nice talking to you! Sayonara!" Haruki hung up and smiled awkwardly at Luhan.

"Um.... Luhan... Wait, do I have to call you oppa?"

"Of course you have to, I'm older than you."

"Oh! My manners, I'm sorry!"

Haruki bowed 90°. I laughed awkwardly. "No need to bow." Luhan reassured her. Haruki got back up and nodded.

"Um.... Oppa.... You don't plan on telling me anything, like, weird, right?"

"N-no! Of course not!"

Luhan stuttered.

"Well... Um..."

"What.... What exactly did the person who called you..... You know, tell you?"

"Well, it's quite complicated...."

"I can take it!"

"You can?"

"Yeah!"

"She told me you were going to confess to me."

Luhan froze. That was exactly what he was going to tell her!

There was an awkward silence between them.

"Well, oppa?"

Haruki asked innocently. Luhan sighed.

"You know, Haruki... I did plan on confessing to you, and I was planning to tell you here." Luhan explained and prayed that she didn't freak out.

Haruki's eyes widened.

"C-can you... I-I mean..... I love you!" Luhan blurted out. Haruki blushed. "Can you.... Return my feelings?" Luhan asked and fidgeted. Haruki felt sorry for him, but she decided to stay true to her heart.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I can't return your feelings." Haruki said and closed her eyes. Luhan was hurt, really hurt. But in the end, he just smiled. "It's ok. I understand. But... Can I ask one last favor?" Luhan asked.

"And what would that be, oppa?" Haruki asked kindly. "Can you... Give me a kiss.... On the lips?" Luhan asked.

"E-EHH?!!?!?!?!?!??!" Haruki asked, flabbergasted. "On the lips?! A-are you sure, oppa?!" Haruki asked and hugged her pillow. "Yeah! I want to live my life with no regrets, you see?" Luhan said and laughed. Haruki stared at him, unsure. "F-fine. Sure. B-but, don't try anything?! Ok?! I'm keeping my virginity!" Haruki said. Luhan laughed. "Sure." He said.

Haruki slowly leaned forward to Luhan's lips as Luhan closed his eyes. When she was about to touch her lips with his, the door opened.

"JONGDAE?!"

•~~•

hehe cliffhanger. :D