bonus ##.

. . . . .

"HEY"

The wind blew strongly towards our direction as me and Jihyo walked by the shore. I had to hold my hat along with my sundress tightly or else the wind might blow it away or let anyone see something that didn't need to be seen.

Jihyo actually had another week before her flight back to wherever her next travel destination was. Though the party we did for her was kinda far away from the departure plan.

My bad...

This was the last day of summer vacation and we had continued our trip to the beach. Sorrow had filled me up.

I don't know if it's because it's back to school or something else.

"Yeah?"

It was almost sundown and we both decided to stop by near the beach with no shoes on. The beach was no longer full of people playing and splashing each other. Just the waves coming back and forth to shore along with the continuous blows of the sea breeze.

"I want to tell you something.." I started

I haven't told anyone else this feeling that never seem to leave me ever since me and Dahyun broke up.

"Is it something serious?"

"Are you tired? Should we go back?"

"Do you want us to sit down for awhile?"

She asks with a worried face.

"no no.. It's okay!" I tell her which made her easy up a bit. "It's nothing too serious."

I inhaled and exhaled before telling her what was on my mind.

"I've been having this uneasy feeling for a while now.." It all started when I came home. I know I've lived there for years now by myself but whenever I go home it never felt so lonely and quiet like someone was just there waiting for me.

"Is it because of.. Dahyun?" Jihyo asks.

"I thought that was the reason too." It's true. At first I thought it was about Dahyun and me breaking up, me thinking it was a mistake and even thought about running to her house but through time... I realised it never was.

I started telling her everything and anything.

And when I finished telling her the story, I felt a tear go down my cheek and quickly wiped it away.

"Maybe it was your soulmate?" She said

I looked at her with no expression stopping my tracks. I was battling a laugh but couldn't help myself and laughed anyways.

"What are you saying, Jihyo?" I wiped and invisible tear and looked at her straight.

She didn't respond for a while and just looked at the sky with a distant expression.

It was quiet between us and I was contemplating whether I should apologise to her but then she suddenly states.

"When I was away..." she starts

We sat down on the nearby rocks. The sun was at its peak and stars start to appear. At that moment, a shooting star appeared and quickly left.

"I met someone..."

I whipped my head at her with my eyes in shock. "REALLY?!"

"You never told me.. or anyone even"

She only sighed.

She was always telling us about her travels, takes pictures of that certain place and telling us the history of it but never about her meeting someone.

"I meant to but kinda glad I didn't."

She started telling me about this guy she met when she was in the US years ago that she met a guy who was also a traveler and from Korea. They hung out, got to know each other, and she added "That's when the magic happened.."

They got together but it soon ended when the guy had an accident which resulted to a head injury and ended his life.

Fast forward...

She said that that guy never left her, though they were no longer in this world, he was always near her looking out for her like her very own guardian angel.

Jihyo proceeded to tell me that maybe I had the same thing.

A soulmate.

"They don't have to be physically with you or you had to meet them.."

"Maybe that feeling you've been having for a while that you never felt alone even though visually, you are at home.."

I didn't say anything and just sat there.

"It may sound creepy but maybe that was your special someone."

She started laughing and told me maybe it was just crazy and don't mind her but I still stayed quiet. Actually thinking that maybe what she said was true.

Before we could continue the conversation, a familiar voice shouted.

"Hey, the van is ready to go!" Nayeon's voice sounded.

"Well, we better go..." she rose from the rocks and dusted the invisible dust from her dress and held out a hand for me to take.

I took it and along side wiping my sandy yellow dress.

We walked to the van which was a little far. My mind still occupied with what Jihyo said.

I was so focused with what I was thinking and didn't realised I bumped into something.

Or someone.

Falling off my butt, I looked up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you!"

I just stared at the person and all of a sudden butterflies started to erupt in my stomach.

She reached out a hand, a worried expression visible on her face. I realised I haven't replied to her and quickly taking her hand and stood up.

" Oh no! I'm the one who should apologise, I wasn't looking!"

I finally looked at her and studied her face. She still had a worried expression which made my stomach do a double somersault.

SHE WAS SO PRETTY?!

But the moment we had was stopped when I heard Nayeon's voice again.

"That must be your friends.." She turned her head to the direction of the voice.

Nayeon who was standing there, her hands on her sides as she continously tapped her right foot.

"Y-yeah..." was all I could say.

Dang it Nayeon.

Before I could say something she walked away... What surprised me was what she said as she walked away from me.

She looked so familiar yet I know I haven't seen this woman before. I would never forget a pretty face when I see one. She looked so stunning.

"See you around Minatozaki Sana."