04

. . . . .

"IT SEEMS WRONG.."

She sighed, frustration evident as she leaned back in her chair. One of her friends, someone I apparently haven't met yet, was going away or something like that. Does she even know how to paint, let alone draw? We aren't really close, so I don't know.

"Of course you don't," I muttered to myself.

Approaching the corner where she worked, I noticed her phone displaying a picture of a pretty girl. Who am I kidding, all her friends are pretty—Tzuyu! Anyway, it was a portrait of a girl with dark red hair, smiling brightly at the camera.

"Jihyo wouldn't like this at all!" she exclaimed, leaving her seat and storming upstairs, leaving her unfinished work behind. This girl was really frustrated over a painting; it's not like this Jihyo girl would throw it away or something. There was nothing wrong with it, though. Without thinking twice, I picked up the brush and her phone, exhaling deeply before attempting to finish it. Let's see if three years in art school got us anywhere, Chou Tzuyu.

And so I did. It took a long time to finish, matching colors and trying to capture the right shape of someone's face.

As I put the finishing touches, I accidentally kicked a can of paint, knocking over others and creating a mess and ruckus in the living room.

"I mean, how does that even work? I'm a ghost for crying out loud?!" I muttered to myself, feeling frustrated.

Or it just hates you.

I heard footsteps; Sana was coming down to check what was another mistake of Tzuyu the clumsy.

Good work, Tzuyu. You're stressing her even more.

I quickly put everything back in its place, arranging it as before except for the finished portrait. Sana came down and looked around, visibly tense. Her perfect ponytail, moments ago pristine, was now a mess.

"Today is an awful day," she said as she cleaned up the mess I made. She looked tired, yet still beautiful.

After all that, she finally noticed the unfinished work. She grabbed it, probably going to discard it, but then she gave it a second look. "Wait... what? How?"

The dark aura from before vanished as she examined it, nodding in satisfaction. She was obviously pleased, not even questioning how it was finished.

She left to go upstairs with a pleased smile on her face. I didn't follow her. Why wasn't she confused?

Though that question lingered in my mind, I was still happy knowing that she liked what I did, even though she didn't know it was me who did it.

Will I ever get to see the day she paints a portrait of me?

It's the little wishes, you know.

"Your wishes don't come true, Tzuyu."

I know.