Chapter 2

"Can you guys believe that blonde dude?" Clary scowled as they walked back to their friends.

"You mean the imaginary dude you both were talking to?" Simon frowned. 

"No, the guy right there. Running into the club," Olivia said.

"Liv, there's nobody there," Maureen said with furrowed brows, concerned for her friend.

"The guy covered in tats. H-." Olivia retorted as Clary nodded in agreement.

"What are you talking about?"

"You guys seriously don't see him?" Clary frowned. 

"No."

"Okay, could you guys stop making me feel insane?" Clary scoffed.

"Could you stop acting that way?"

"Clary, Liv what was in your latte?" Simon asked. 

Clary sighed before unzipping her jacket and pulling Olivia with her as she started walking.

"Wait, where are we going?" The brunette asked. She really did not want to get into any trouble with her mother again, she was tired of getting grounded all the time.

"To get answers," Clary rolled her eyes.

"Remember, your fake IDs suck," Simon called out.  

Olivia looked around frantically, confused and worried as the crowd around her enjoyed their time in the club. She looked at her sister, pleading her to let her go, but the redhead looked unaffected by the loud music and crowd. 

Olivia had always hated crowds, and she was very close to getting an anxiety attack in the middle of the club when her sister pulled her roughly as she followed the strange boy. 

Olivia apologized as she accidentally bumped into some people dancing, her eyes panicked and confused. 

For a second, they met the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen, a man was sitting on the couch with men and women surrounding him. His eyes held recognition and shock as they saw the brunette before she disappeared into the crowd again. 

"There," Clary mumbled as they followed him. He walked into the VIP section before the guards drew the curtains.

"Let's just leave it," Olivia muttered making the redhead roll her eyes. 

"No," she said sternly before grabbing a guard's arm, smiling at him. "Somebody works out. Cool contacts," she flirted. 

The two Frays entered the VIP section to see a brunette girl standing on the stage and dancing while the blonde was talking lowly to a beautiful girl. He smirked slightly as some object in his hand instantly turned into a glowing sword making both their eyes widen. 

"Watch out," Clary yelled as she ran to push the woman aside. 

"Clary no," Olivia exclaimed before running to her sister and pushing her behind her, away from the boy with the weapon. 

Jace's eyes widened as he saw his mate standing in front of him, the fear in her eyes making his heart clench. She gasped as she turned around hearing a roar to see tentacles and teeth on the purple dressed woman.

"Careful," he shouted before pulling her towards him and standing protectively in front of her while the redhead fell to the floor, sliding away from the duo.

Olivia's eyes widened as the the demon vanished when he slashed her with his sword. One of the guards walked towards them when a whip wrapped itself around his neck and the brunette girl kicked the other two guards. 

"Clary," Olivia gasped as she pulled her sister up, a demon punched the blonde making his sword like object fall onto the couch. 

He punched Jace one more time making Olivia fume for some reason. She felt this intense need to protect the stranger. 

She impulsively grabbed the object making the glowing sword reappear and stabbed the demon, watching as he turned into ashes and disappeared while the blonde looked at her in awe. 

Her eyes widened and a yelp escaped her lips when she realised what she had done. The sword fell from her hands and tears began to form in her eyes. She had just killed someone. 

 More demons started to attack him as he pushed her behind and fought them. "Alec," he yelled as a tall brown-haired boy threw a sword at him. He stabbed the demon before giving th sword back to him. Olivia watched the duo fight them in awe, she could hear her sister yelling at her to leave but it was like she was in a trance. 

Alec turned around to look at her, his fists were clenched at his sides and his eyes softened at the sight of his other mate. 

"Hey," he said softly, grabbing her hands. "You're okay."

"I-," she looked around to see that Clary had already left her alone. "I have to go," she breathed out before running out of the club.

A/N - I'm sorry, I'm sorta bad at writing all the action sorta stuff. Liv is officially going to meet the Shadowhunters in the next chapter, so that'll be great. :):)