Chapter 10

"This place is totally not afraid," Simon murmured. "Not at all."

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Isabelle smirked. 

"Are you kidding me?" He scoffed. "I was born afraid which sounded a lot better in my head." 

Jace rolled his eyes at the mundane before turning his focus to his mates.

"Let's check it out," Alec announced. He then turned to Olivia. "Stay here, okay?" He whispered in her ears. 

"Why?" She frowned. 

"We need to make sure it's safe." Jace whispered to her before the three Shadowhunters ran ahead. 

"Why are we doing this?" Simon asked his best friends. "We don't even know these people"

"What else are we supposed to do, Si? We can't -." 

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this," Clary cut her off. 

"Our mom," Olivia muttered under her breath hoping that no one would hear it, but Simon did, and he sent her a sympathetic glance before focusing on the redhead again. 

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all this," he asked her, tilting his head to the side as he looked at her with adoration and a little bit of shock in his eyes. Olivia rolled her eyes at the scene before looking around the graveyard, not interested in the conversation between her bestfriend and her sister. 

"Liv," Jace called out. "Come on, it's clear."

Olivia swallowed the lump in her throat and looked around the graveyard once again, contemplating whether she should run away before she gets kidnapped or be brave and find her mother. She honestly just wanted to go back home and curl up in a blanket and eat ice cream, but she needed to do this. She needed to do this for her mother. She needed to do this for her sister.

"You have to understand," Jace started, looking down at his mate. "The silent brother's aren't like us."

"They lack your charm and superior people skills?" Clary smirked at him. 

"Most people do," he shrugged, glancing at her before focusing back on his mate. "Brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts."

"That doesn't sound so mad," Clary murmured. 

"Don't let their silence fool you. They'll hold the Soul-Sword to your head and with it's blade, carve the truth from your mind. If your not strong enough, you will die."

"I take it back, that sounds level 10 bad."

"I'll do it," Olivia piped in making her mates freeze and Clary let out a sigh of relief. 

"Okay," the redhead agreed.

"No."

Olivia raised her brows at both her mates, "No?"

"No." They said firmly together.

"I'm not letting Clare risk her life."

"And we're not letting you risk yours."

She scoffed. "What? You don't think I'm strong enough for it?"

"We know that you're strong enough for this," Alec said. "But there is no way in hell we are putting you in danger."

She frowned, confusion clouding her eyes. "But-."

"I'm sorry princess," Jace grabbed her waist and pulled her close. "I know you're confused right now. We will explain everything. But please, please don't put yourself in danger."

Olivia's heart clenched at the pain in his voice and the fear in his pleading eyes was enough to make her nod. 

"Clare-," She turned back to her sister who was trying her hardest not to glare at the duo in front of her. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to. Don't put yourself in danger, mom wouldn't want you to get hurt."

"I have to, Olivia. I have to get my mom back."

My. Olivia's heart stung at the sound of that word. My mom.  

"I can't-," Clary corrected herself. "I won't lose her."

Olivia nodded. 

She knew that it was dangerous, but she also knew that her sister would stop at nothing to get their mother back. And neither would she. 

She wasn't going to lose the only person that had ever truly loved her. 

A/N - I am so so sorry for updating so late.