Chapter 20 | Fates

"The heavens have drawn us together. Who gives us the right to decline?"

~•~

"He really isn't giving up" I whispered to myself, my eyes still not leaving the two. They both kept arguing and it's very visible that they are trying to hold back from fighting each other.

The vision of Past Gun quickly faded the same way how it quickly appeared. This is so great! Now I have another person to problem!

"I told you already! I'm not interested in him!" Win shouted loudly much louder than earlier. What does he mean? His words pissed of Gun as he raised his hand in attempt to hurt him.

"Hah! Now you're doing it again! Go do it!" Gun got caught off by his words as do I. Win suddenly took Gun's raised hand and slapped himself using it.

"What do you think you are doing" I whispered to myself. Finally getting out of my hiding spot. As soon as I stepped out I was stopped by Win's next words.

"This is what you want right?! To have Bright all by yourself? Fine, You can have him in all piece!" He shouted and swayed Gun harshly to face me.

Gun's expression was in shock when he saw me. The vision of his past self started to replace him. He seems like his begging- for me?. It quickly faded and returned to the present Gun.

"Win, Stop what you're doing and Come here!" I demanded and continued my steps towards them. As I finally reach them, I slightly pushed Gun from behind and took Win's shaking hand.

Win was shaking and he looks like his mind wandered off. I took the opportunity to look at Gun who was at the same state.

"Stop your games Gun, I already know what you want from me so there's no use on hiding it. I will let this pass but I won't tolerate this kind of behavior of yours in the future" I utter coldly. As much as I want to be polite with him but his doings is wrong. Too much people suffered.

"What do you mean you know? Do you know that I like you?" He asked anxiously. I spared him a look and nodded. I continued to walk away with Win following me still out of his mind.

"I'm sorry but I can't return your feelings. I hope you find someone better" My final words to him before disappearing from his sight.

I halted my steps to bring Win back. I tapped his left cheek as he finally responded. He looked at me with awe and backed away.

"What are you doing? Where's Gun?" He questioned and looked around. He sighed in relief when he saw no signs of Gun. We are back at the center of the park.

"He left off but that's not important. Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked him not answering his questions first. Win quickly looked at me with annoyance.

"You probably heard what I said to him and You are not even slightly mad at me?" He questioned again out of the blue. Mad? At what? To him?

I shake my head and he suddenly sighed in relief. What is he hiding from me? Win walked away leaving me behind still dumbfounded by his actions and choice of words.

"Oi! What do you mean I heard what you said! Tell me!" I jog to catch up with him. He was silent and was ignoring my unending questions as he line himself under the shade of the trees.

"Bright, Do you think I deserve all this?" He asked all of the sudden. I was confused at his question when it hit me. No.

"No but everything happens for a reason right? Maybe after all this things would get better" I said positively. My words made Win chuckle and met my eyes.

"Hmm, Even so I should hold on to things. If I can't would you be there?" He added. Now I'm chuckling. I didn't hesitate to nod on his question that made him smile beautifully.

"Why not? Even if the world crumbles to dust and the heavens strikes us down. I would be there for you after all We are fated" Win's face turns red on my words that I myself can't believe I said that.

Win was shuttering finding his words to reply back. I quickly covered my face because of embrassasment. Stupid! Why did you say that!

I felt a gentle touch at my wrist attempting to remove my hand away from my face. Win's expression didn't change but was looking away from me.

"I- Thank you. I guess it's the same for me to you" He said and swayed his body around his back now facing me. The light afternoon sunlight reflecting his shining face.

"Excuse me, You two. You both seem to have much fun" A old and soft voice was heard from our side. We both gazed towards the direction of that voice only to see a old man with a smile on his face. He looks like those people on the temples.

"Uhm Yes, Me and friend are having fun hanging out. Thank you for your concern" Win said politely while bowing to the old man. As I did the same actions as his.

The old man was smiling brightly and eyed us throughly as if his scanning us. He let out a low chuckle and took both of our hands. This feeling is very familiar just like the time where I saw the old woman when Win was injured.

"If it's not rude with you but who are you?" Win asked gaining another soft laugh from the man. He hummed quietly and looked at us with joy.

"The fate of two people who truly loved each other but was cut off tragically has now continued their journey in this life" The old man said and the emotion of his change to a sorrowful one.

A shiver ran down my spine as he said those words. Win in the other hand has no reaction to it. "What are you? A shaman or something?" He asked. How can he that? It's such a bad time!

His words didn't faze the man. His hands traveled to our foreheads and pressing his thumb at the process.

"The journey of your fates is a dangerous one as you are fighting against the challenges of the heavens. For Love and Justice that was unachievable at the past." He continued and hummed once more.

"But the blessings from them are already here. I wish both of you a successful journey" The old man said and backed away. Win turned his back from us and covered his eyes.

The light that took the lady glowed at the back of the old man's back. He smiled a mouthed "Good luck" and turned to white dust.

I bowed at the spot where the man was standing and turned to face Win. Hopefully he didn't see what happened.

"My eyes suddenly hurt what the heck- Oi! Where did he go?" Win asked in confusion looking left and right to see the man's figure but there's none.

I smiled weakly feeling my body energy drained from the events that happened. "He went off. The temple was calling for him" I utter. He nodded and accepted my words.

"Is that so? I guess that's fine. Say, Did you understand what he meant?" Win questioned me. I eyed him in confusion but looked away quickly. I will explain it to you so don't worry.

"He was saying that You shouldn't be a hard-headed person" I teased pointing out on his face. He sulked and lightly punched my shoulder.

"That's not nice" Win said and walked away leaving me behind. I laughed and ran to catch up with him. "I was joking!" I voiced while running towards him.

Whatever our fate is I will be here on your side...