Chapter 29 | Memories

"You're so near yet so far"

~•~

"Win!" Cried the awoken man. Beads of sweat and river of tears flowed down his face simultaneously. The face of sorrow and longing was visible. How can he forget? How can he treat his beloved like this. Bright shook his head crying all of his dear heart out. The sudden rush of memories of his past haunt him.

Out of reflex, His fingers automatically went to his ring finger were the ring was suppose to be but it wasn't there. Bright hissed, the droplets of tears hitting his ring finger. He used both of his hands to wipe his wet face trying his best to calm down. His heart was too heavy, He wants to get back to him but doesn't know how.

Bright looked at his surroundings, It wasn't the temple he entered and the old man wasn't here anymore. It was a familiar room but can't identify where. Suddenly, A loud bang echoed the room incoming his grandmother and the housekeeper.

"Bright, Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Incoming a loud but gentle voice, his mind automatically clicked. It was his grandmother with a housekeeper rushing before their madam. Bright worried for his grandmother's well being, he quickly wiped his wet face using his front and back hands turning to face her as if nothing had happened.

"Grandmother, Hello" He spoke first approaching his grandmother with wide arms. The old woman wrapped her arms around his beloved grandson while cooing sweet phrases to him. "I'm fine, Please don't get worried" Bright continued while hugging her back.

"How could I not?! When you are suddenly laying unconscious on the ground! Good thing my housekeeper found you or else, You could have died!" The elder shouted in worry while slapping Bright's shoulder harshly.

It has been several hours when the housekeeper found Bright unconscious, He looked pale and dead. Besides of the unsual area he was found. The housekeeper was supposed to clean the scattered dried leaves on the former lake of the Chivaaree household. Legends has it, It was once a beautiful spot that was once adorned by the suppose to be wife of the mighty general but at the day of the beauty's passing- It mysteriously dried and all the flowers the once bloomed withered. It was strange indeed.

"Grandmother, As I said I'm fine like what my mother said, I'm a tough nut to crack" Bright proudly announced despite his voice cracking, he still managed to change his grandmother's mind as they both laugh their situation off. "Alright as you say so but Bright please do not make me worry again" She exclaimed gently cupping his grandson's cheeks.

"Madam! Madam!" A loud shout resonated that drawn the attention of the household owners as it got nearer a sweaty servant came panting heavily. He looked like he saw a ghost based on his expression. "Oh come on now, What is it?" The Madam questioned walking slowly to the servant, he then pointed downwards as if signalling a situation outside. "The dried lake, the garden! It's back, Madam!" The servant announced loudly earning a confused look at the elder but Bright didn't faze. Is it a gift? Now that he remembers?

"Back? What kind of nonsense is that? The lake cannot be restored unless it will be done artificially, and the garden? The soil there is not suitable anymore to grow any plants! How can that happened?" The elder disagreed yet due to her curiosity, she walked away to see it for herself. Bright sighed and followed his grandmother. He is sure that once he sees the familiar sight, It will kill him emotionally yet he still continued.

They had reached the garden and to their surprise it was true. The lavish and fragrant flowers has decorated the whole area and the previous dried lake- It was truly back! It was sparkling due to the ray of the sunlight adorned by the fresh lotuses scattered beautifully.