Bliss at it's peak ( Light's point of view)

* Authors note~ Hey, sorry I haven't updated I just finished going through all my chapters editing! I extended, added more detail, fixed mistakes, added more romance and just completely fixed the chapter beneath me. I also extended captivating red eyes and added a lot more violence in the chapter.

L curled his head around in my lap, we were both currently in L's home within his living room on his couch. Previously this night I had a short time period in which I blacked out and when I had blacked out I had limited control over my very own body. I briefly remember slaughtering several people in a haze and I also remember intending to kill a lot more. I had an unknown foreign taste in my mouth and a need for blood that was so strong that it couldn't be craved when I choked and snapped the necks of human with my bare hands. However, even in the midst of killing those people, I heard a tiny small weak voice. The voice was rather pathetically weak if I do say so myself and normally I would have ignored it. If it hadn't been the person that I've been spending nearly all my time with these last few days. Yes L is the only reason I let those three people live, though was it really worth it those people are now going to be traumatized for the rest of the short life's. Ignoring that small detail that particular alley would have been soaked and coated with blood. I was snapped out of my train of thought when I felt L scoot and stretch on my lap before turning around before snuggling in on my thigh. I smiled and began to run my hand through his uncontrolled raven tangled hair.

I felt the air become slightly crisper, I looked up to my side and just as I looked L's window flew and crashed open with a bang and in came an unwelcome familiar face that I had yet to see in quite some time. Ryuk was the unwelcomed person, he flew in flapping his wings with pride before stopping and floating toward my way. Though he didn't completely go to where I was, he stopped and eyed the position that both L and I were in. After realizing our scenario he started to laugh or to be more precise he started to cackle, he clutched his side while he laughed as if he were in pain from laughing so hard from the site he clearly thought was the funniest scenario he saw in his eternal and immortal life.

I gave him a warning growl, "what the fuck do you find so funny that you have to clutch your side, Ryuk." I spat his name with a quick venomous hiss that was supposed to snap right in front of his face, his short laughing spasm had seriously pissed me off. For a reply, he shrugged his shoulders as if he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

"Look you know that I like you Light, but even someone as proud as yourself has to admit to this. If anyone from your previously life saw you two right now and compared it to what you doing right now they be fit of giggles. I mean to have your previous "enemy" curled up snuggling in your lap willingly is just hilarious, you know?" He bluntly said before floating the rest of the way to me and plopping down right next to me on the couch.

I scoffed and looked down once again at L, then I started to rub his shoulders in circles. Seeing his sleeping face calmed me down, even when he was sleeping he could sense the discomfort within the atmosphere." None of those trivial things matters anymore Ryuk, this isn't the L that I knew in my lifetime he's different he's a reincarnation" I paused and stared at the peaceful face that still seemed to have a look of superiority on it even after everything that had happened to him today, "right?"

Ryuk shrugged his shoulders before placing his arm over my shoulder," none of that really matters right now Light, I only came here for a certain pacific reason that has almost no concern with the matters of your love affairs."

I butted into what he was saying to ask a simple and inane question," if you had not come here for the matter of me and L, then what is so important that you had to personally come and tell me Ryuk"

"I came here concerning the matter of you activating your Shinigami form, you should know that once you have activated your true form a death note shall be created and placed in your possession. Congratulations Light! You are no longer a Shinigami apprentice." I stared at him in great awe but then something clicked within my mind, in a flash, and before Ryuk could react to what I was doing, I swung my fist out and punched him straight in the jawline. Normally he would have dodged my attack, but this time I had the element of surprise at my side and he was sent flying across to the other end of the living room. I then proceeded to grab L in my arms and jump directly to the other end of the living room, trying to get as far from Ryuk as possible. Without even the slightest struggle Ryuk floated back on to his feet once and then he proceeded to give a snarl and snicker.

"I can tell that you are angry by the means of what getting a death note in tales Light."

"Damn right I am, you think I'll fucking accept such an unnecessary thing there has to be another way. "

"You're acting like some child and even worse Light you're also acting like a mortal, if you wish to continue to stay within the human realm without your life force diminishing and fading away then you must make a contract with someone. However, if you wish to continue to stay and see L then he needs to be the one who is in possession of the death note or else I will have the greatest honor in erasing the memories of everything that he knows about you and everything that the previous L had left behind for him in the form of memories." He said while widening his smile if that was possible.

I held L in my arms and growled at Ryuk with my red eyes blaring but then was snapped from the glaring process when I heard a mumble of distress come from my arms. L was looking up at me with concern, "Light are you okay"

I proceeded to hold L in my arms and growled at Ryuk with my red eyes blaring straight at him but then I was broken from my trance of glaring at the death god when I felt someone start to stir in my arms and give a mumble of small distress. I saw L glancing up at me with slight concern, "Light is everything okay."

Ryuk chuckled from across the room," Yes Light is everything okay."