Chaos (L's point of view)

I'm excessively tired, which I find to be rather odd. Normally I spent the hourly nights wide awake with a form of insomnia that derived purely from fascination. The fascination of the things that average people do in the shadows when they think no one is watching. I love to see this. It is more peculiar than the fact I was tired, and that's why I usually walk the city at night. Though that leads to various harmful things including the black bags under my eyes or the more recent most brutal incident that involved Light. However, right now I'm finding that without anything that occupies my attention just enough to fight off the need for sleep. I myself will go to sleep and, that I'm afraid is out of the question for the moment. With the childish mood that Light appears to be in if I was to let my guard down for a moment like I had a few moments ago I fear that either I would be his meal or his in general.

I forced myself to break away from staring at the ceiling. I only did this so I could slug myself towards my already opened laptop, I used it quite frequently so I never actually bothered to close it. Pushing my tired joints up on my overstuffed chair I opened up Google and began to search for random things. My search had started with the academy I attended, records and various things that extended over a time of several years. I found a photo of the school over two decades old, I then decided to search through the people that were attending the school within that time. It was mere curiosity that continued my endless scrolling, I enjoyed looking at the faces and thinking about what they could look like now but then I had to stop. Light Yagami third year. I read that same listing over and over to the point where my eyes burned looking at the boy's picture. It was the Light I know there's no denying that fact, it was like seeing a duplicate.

I placed my thumb to my mouth and weakly bit and sucked on it. The tension. The frustration. The mere idea of not having an explanation for something that stood so prominent lead me to think about things that could rationalize this situation. For one the day, I first saw Light I had immediately known his name and also, I had seen something along with that name. It was like a vision, no that's not the right term, perhaps maybe memory would suit it better. Then it hit me when was the last time that I had these visions? It stopped when I started to spend more of my time with Light. You would think that if I had a memory of him return just by seeing him once then spending actual time together for a long period of time would allow me access to more things. That's when it hit me he must have been blocking it from coming through, that was the only rational explanation. Funny, thinking rationality comes easily with supernatural circumstances.

Exiting the list of school records I type something else into the search engine. I typed my name, the name that I had grown up with believing that it had belonged to someone else. I never really wanted to know if it had ever really held someone else's title before mine, so I had never taken the time to look it up. And, now I'm truly wishing that I hadn't because now there I was. It didn't provide a photo however, I knew that it was me. An experienced detective that was working on a case called the Kira case that had all of a sudden had a mysterious death that also called himself "L". I frowned Kira case huh. Well, I guess that I can look that up too. Didn't look like Light would be back for a while so it was no harm as long as he didn't see what I was doing. I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me back onto their chest hard. I bit my thumb that was still my mouth hard enough to draw a small amount of blood.

"I hope you're not doing what I expect you to be doing "he grimaced with a snap. Speaking of the devil showing up at a time like this. Quickly I ran through the possible outcomes of what could happen to me. Looking at Light's hand I saw his nails starting to turn black, hell I know that no matter what I did something was going to happen to me.

"I don't know what you mean Light, I was just being a teenager. Got curious to see if I was famous on the internet so I searched my own name. No harm is done ".