Chapter 6: A simple Favor?

After a couple hours and some major awkward exchanges between Scar and Techno, the girl and the ghost decided to head back to Tommy's exile location and check on him. Dream was most likely going to be back again and Scarlet didn't like the things Ghostbur accidently told her on the way there. The naive ghost let it slip that Tommy was exiled by his best friend after Dream practically forced the command. Since then Dream has been telling the child that he's his only friend, and that the L'Manburgians didn't care for him anymore. Scarlet may not know these people, but your love and friendships don't tend to just die overnight.

As they made their way back they heard shouting from the area where Trent was. It was definitely arguing between Dream and Tommy. Scar took off in a sprint towards the sounds and got there just in time to watch Dream light a piece of TNT in a hole. She could see the iron armor and tools that Tommy was wearing when they left just before they were blown to miniscule bits. She hid slightly behind Trent so neither of the men knew she was there. Tommy just watched in defeat and the other two stayed deadly silent. Scarlet was just confused more than anything. Why would Dream blow up Tommy's things? She watched him grab those out of his chest before her and Ghostbur left. Granted she didn't know how hard it is to get these items, but she figured it wasn't super easy.

"See Tommy, that wasn't so hard. If you would have just listened to me the first time I asked you to do that I wouldn't have had to make you do it. I'm doing you a favor you know. I'm helping you and teaching you. I'm not the bad guy here Tommy. I'm your friend." Dream said, walking over to the still stunned boy and throwing an arm around his shoulder. The green man didn't notice the way Tommy flinched, that or he just didn't acknowledge it.

"Dream, you're not my friend. That stuff took me all day to get. Why... why would that help me?" Tommy said, still staring ahead at the hole. He obviously wanted to pull away, or push Dream's arm off him, but he just decided it wasn't worth it.

"Tommy, I'm the only friend you have left! Tubbo exiled you, Ranboo stopped visiting, and the rest of L'manchildburg doesn't even care enough to ask where you are! Face it, I'm as good as you're going to get. So just listen to me, and we will get along great!" Dream laughed, finally moving away from Tommy and heading back to the portal. "Remember Tommy, I'm being nice because I want to, I could be your enemy and make your life Hell. Don't. Piss. Me. Off."

With those lingering words, Dream went through the portal. The whole time Tommy was still simply staring at the hole. He seemed to be in a trance, just soaking in all of the events. Scarlet slowly came out from behind the Trent and made her way over to the boy. He looked so defeated at this moment and Scar didn't know how to help him. She had friends back in the End, and none of them treated her like Dream is treating Tommy, but they also never exiled or isolated her like Dream is saying Tommy's friends did.

"Tommy, are you alright?" She said softly, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder and looking up at him.

"Huh? What?" Tommy said finally locking eyes with the shorter girl. "I'm fine! It was just some iron. Hah. Don't worry about me!"

Tommy turned on his heels and quickly walked to the small cabin inside of the wooden pillar circle. Ghostbur decided now to come join Scarlet by the explosion hole and he smiled sadly at her.

"Tommy doesn't like people to see him when he's upset. Sometimes he'll accept my blue, but normally he just wants space." He says floating over to the beach just to the left of Trent. Scarlet looked back in the direction of where Tommy disappeared to and shook her head. No one ever truly wants to be alone when they just went through something like that. She may have never been manipulated, but she definitely knew what it was, and that was exactly what Dream is doing to Tommy.