Chapter 12: A Foolish Encounter

Scarlet stumbled her way through the nether trying to find her way back to Techno's home. She was officially out of food and felt her stomach folding in on itself. She had tried multiple portals, not finding the exile location or Techno's snowy base. One led to the middle of the ocean which she promptly left after the whole almost drowning thing, but another led to a desert area that seemed like a massive building dedicated to sand people and giant pyramids, she had tried to resist every urge to explore.

In the end, her stomach grumbling urged her forward to find food in the area. In the distance she could see huge sculptures of some weird looking people, and one of a cat looking thing. Continuing down the path she stumbled upon stacks of chests. Stealing was wrong, this she knew, and the likeness of getting caught was high considering the builder of the area could be anywhere, but a sharp pain shooting through her made her ignore the risks and begin looking for food in the many chests.

Most of them were full of building materials which made sense considering the area being scattered with giant builds. Finally, in what seemed like 8 pain spikes later and so many chests, she found some bread in the last chest. Without thinking much she grabbed a stack of the dry hardened loaves and began eating until she physically couldn't. She must have gone through 5 full loafs before her stomach was finally satisfied. She was sitting on the ground against the chest, letting her energy regenerate before she stood and dusted the sand off her clothes.

"Who goes there?!" a loud deep voice bounced off the builds in the area and made Scarlet drop the remaining bread. She crouched down behind the chest and curled in herself to hide.

Footsteps crunched on the sand, approaching the spot that the princess was cowering in. Her breath was quickening and she could feel her chest getting tighter in fear. The steps stopped directly in front of her and she could hear the shuffling of someone picking up the bread she had dropped. The person then plopped down directly in front of her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, uh, I feel like my dramatic entrance may have been a bit overwhelming. Please just take some deep breaths. I'm not angry or gonna do anything bad." The person said, touching the girl in a friendly, gentle manner.

Scarlet took note that the voice was much less threatening, and actually higher pitched and almost giddy. She listened to the instructions and took deep breaths until she could feel the restrictions on her chest disappear. While she did this the male across from her was munching on some bread and waiting.

Eventually the small princess got enough courage to look up at him and half of her was terrified, while the other half almost wanted to laugh at his attire. He was shiny and sparkly, almost like gold for most of his body, but the other was covered in scales like a fish. He smiled at her revealing sharp teeth. It was equally cool and scary.

"Hello! I'm Foolish! You seem to have wandered here to my summer home. I thought you were going to be Badboy Halo, hence the intimidating entrance. You seemed like you were rummaging through my things, but it looks like you were just looking for some food, so it's all good! Hey, I haven't seen you before, and I know most people around here, what's your name?" the shark man rambled, making Scarlet loosen up a bit.

"My name is Scarlet, I am not surprised you don't know me. I kinda came from nowhere, and then lived with Tommy until he ran away from Exile. Now I'm with Techno but we got split up and separated after an execution attempt...." Scar went on to basically tell Foolish everything.

She felt like she could trust him, though she didn't know why. He just didn't give her the aura of being a bad guy. He was just too full of smiles and bright eyes to be evil. He made her feel so welcomed, even though she was just stealing from him not too long ago. He even gave her half of the bread back, saying he would have given her all of it back but he felt since she had attempted to steal it half would be a punishment. It didn't make much sense to her, considering she expected him to keep all of the remaining bread, but that was alright. He also said he would help her navigate the nether to get back to Techno's house, which he accepted considering she didn't want to get lost again.

"Next time, remember that Techno's portal had an obsidian path, that's the black stuff that we are walking on. It's a good block but not the best to build with cause if you misplace it, it takes a while to break and fix. Unless you hav..." Foolish continued to ramble on about building blocks and tools as they walked through the portal to the snowy tundra. Scarlet intandly started shivering and Foolish draped his cloak over her shoulders and shrugged. "I don't get cold. very easily, being half shark means I'm cold blooded."

Scarlet smiled and continued to walk with Foolish towards the general direction of Techno and Phil's base. She enjoyed listening to him rant about this project that he had coming up in El Rapids. Of course she had no idea what this place was but she definitely flinched at Quackity's name. Due to the reaction, he didn't continue that conversation, nor did he offer a tour of the country. Shortly after they arrived at the fenced area of the property.

"I think this is as far as I can go. Technoblade and Philza Minecraft don't like many visitors, and they don't know that I'm aware of where this is. It was nice to meet you! Feel free to stop by my base anytime, just don't steal anything next time!" He said with a chuckle before throwing a pearl back in the direction they came from.