5 - String of Incidents and Impending Wedding Event

TW// light mentions of blood and de*th treaths

"That's the third one this week, are you sure you don't want to tell Yin about this?", Prat asked War, concerns heavy in his voice.

"No, not yet. This isn't a matter of life and death", War said, sounding unbothered but deep down he sure started to get annoyed himself.

Prat sorted out the terror letters and dumped them in the bin. It was the third letter that War received. The first one was the classic 'GO DIE' written in all caps with red ink, which made War laughed. The second one was worse, not only because the vile things that were written, several pics of gore were also sent. Still the second letter didn't really affect War. The third one that was just being delivered was actually coming in a box and it contained a bloody small sharp objects. The letter was also more severe in a way that made War's stomach stir.

They were all sent to War's office which had been left vacant for the past several weeks because he had been working in Yin's office. Still, since Prat was in charge, he ended up receiving them and passing it to War. Of course, this all been happening without Yin knowing.

"Next time there was a suspicious package, don't open it by yourself, wait for me", War warned Prat which the latter only responded with nod in understanding.

Beside these letters, after his confrontation with Mai a week ago in front of Yin's office, small accidents kept happening. The first time it happened was when Yin and War were having dinner date that same night. Yin had reserved a place in a rooftop restaurant that overlook the city. It was casual yet classy at the same time. War had enjoyed the appetizer and the welcoming drink that they offered with it while waiting for their order.

"Didn't know you're allergic to shrimp", Yin said, having oddly drawn to see War munching on the appetizer.

When they ordered their main course, War asked which dish doesn't contain shrimp or any kind of shell fish and if the appetizer are free from them too. He also always has his glass refilled with water. Just in case he had to take his anti allergic medication. That was when Yin found out about the allergy.

"Not just shrimp, shell fish like lobster and crab will make my face swollen, worse case I'd have to go to the hospital if I started coughing. I never told you this because we were enemies Anan, you'll use it against me", War said while tipping his wine glass towards Yin.

"I won't do anything that would literally put your life in danger, you know it, even when we were enemies... Wait... Were??", Yin raised his eyebrows realizing War used past tense to describe their relationship, "We're not enemies anymore?", Yin asked teasingly.

Just right about time, their food came. Saving War from embarrassing situation where he had to explain to Yin that he didn't wanna strangle him as much as he was. Yin knew War was running away though, he just chuckled while started eating himself.

They enjoyed their meal and the orange cake that War ordered for dessert. This is also something that Yin only found out about War that night. War was very much like him, doesn't like something that was too sweet. He preferred sour treats or slightly bitter sweets for dessert. Yin wondered what else he would find out during their 'dating' period.

"Y'know, good job choosing the restaurant", War said when they were riding the elevator down to head home.

War would've never thought he would sincerely compliment Yin on something like this. But that was really a satisfying dinner. The food was great, the prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was amazing.

"That's a rare compliment that I got from you", Yin said after being quiet for a while.

"I compliment you all the time though"