15 - Escapade

"Schedule the next meeting and the gathering in Friday, so we can have both in the same place", Yin said in a firm tone.

Bver looked up from his note pad, looking confused, "Are you sure it's in Friday?"

"..yes? Why not?", Yin answered him faking a confused tone when he knew exactly why Bver asked that.

Bver checked the run down to make sure he didn't read the time wrong, "No, you usually have the Friday evening off for-"

"He's visiting his family in Khon Kaen", Yin said in a final tone. Making Bver even more suspicious.

"Allriight", though being completely unsure of what happened, Bver just noted down the order.

It's been almost a week since the parking lot incident and Yin hasn't told a single soul about what really happened. There were news, small articles about a daughter of some businessman went mad, stalk a young man and attacking their lovers but none of their names were made public. Well, it was a fancy and famous restaurant and there were a lot of witnesses so words would get around. Yin just felt grateful that War didn't get tangled up in this mess. There were other things that he had to worry about but as of time, he didn't have the capacity to deal with it yet.

After their fight, Yin hadn't been able to sort his feelings yet. He regretted about the way he said those words, knowing well how it affects War but he still thought he was right. He's been feeling frustrated of not being able to help War because he kept getting pushed away. However, deep down he knew he'd hurt War and it was wrong regardless.

While Yin drowned himself in work to avoid addressing his feelings, War ended up going back to his parents' house. Prat was confused as to why his boss suddenly power through his works and continuously working late to finish his project only to understand why after War asked Prat to stop accepting big project and gave the rest of unfinished projects to his junior architects and interns for a whole month to have a time off.

Prat had a faint idea about why War suddenly wanted to go back home. The lack of love call from Yin's company only assured him about what really happened, but for the sake of his job and his sanity he chose to shut his mouth and let War do whatever he wanted. Prat was sure he needed this as well and he respect that.

War had been spending 2 weeks in his parents' house mostly sitting in a daze. He was angry, sad, disappointed and mostly confused as to why Yin was saying hurtful things. He had been desperately looking for an answer but his mind was still cloudy with so many emotions that he didn't seem to see the end.

"So?", War's papa suddenly said, eyes never leaving the book he was reading.

War who was just sitting in a daze snapped up upon hearing his dad's voice. The man always read book in the morning before he had to leave to tend to his dairy factory and War thought it was oddly calming just sitting around near his dad when he reads.

"Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you? Or do you still need more time?", this time the man had put down his book and taken off his reading glasses to look at his son.

War mentally flinched, of course his dad would notice. He had always been sharp when it comes to War's feelings and after they patched things up, he actually gotten even sharper. Upon closer look, War noticed the obvious sign of aging on his father face and it made his worries looked clear on his face. The guilt of making his parents worried started to appear in War's already messy heart. War was mulling over whether or not he should tell his dad about the things that happened with Yin but at the same time he didn't wanna tell his dad about his trauma that led to the whole thing.

"I-", War started, "I had a fight with Yin...."

"Well, it seemed so bad that it made you go back home?"