14 - (dis)trust

War had been staring on the ceiling for at least ten minutes now. He knew he should've been asleep, the soreness would definitely come in the morning, yet he couldn't sleep a wink. The man beside him wasn't that much different either. It was a little over 2 a.m, in the dim lit room, both Yin and War lied wide awake. They were exhausted after their 'rigorous' intimate activity, yet none of them could sleep.

"Hey", Yin said, almost whispering, "About your promise..."

"Yeah, I promise I won't avoid you Anan", War said as nonchalantly as he could.

"Okay", there's a relieved tone from Yin's voice as he rearrange his position, "You should get some sleep"

"Okay, you too", War said, again, with the calmest voice he could muster.

He waited for a while until he could hear an even breathing from Yin before he turned around to face the man. While War was staring at Yin's sleeping face, the event replayed in his head. Now, War wasn't that reserved, despite his trauma, he's still out and about. He's the type who wouldn't hesitant to have a one night stand if he wanted to. He never got attached, never showed his feelings, never been affected. War only looks for temporary pleasure and that's what he always gets.

Yet War didn't think he would be this affected by Yin. Yin's gentle and meticulous touch that seemed to burn his skin in every trace, Yin's raspy deep voice, asking War if he's in pain, his endless praises being whispered right on War's ears and his deep grunt of pleasure that would set War spiraling in his own pleasure. Yin successfully kept War's heart racing with every thing he did during their intercourse. It's been years since War felt this way and it only means one thing.

It was weird because the realization that War might had been falling for Yin all this time, not only terrified him, but also made him feel relieved. Well, of course he'd be terrified but he was also relieved he could put a name to this feelings that's been bothering him for a while. Deciding not thinking about it for now, War closed his eyes. The fatigue caught up to him soon enough and he fell asleep facing Yin.

The morning came too soon for their comfort. Yin was the one awake and almost jumped out of his skin when he realized he'd ended up sleeping with War snuggled up in his embrace. Yin slowly let War go and put some distance between them before glancing at the clock.

08.00 a.m, and Yin was wondering why he's still feeling sluggish. Of course he'd wake up too soon.

Lying back down, Yin rubbed his temple, sighing. Last night he embraced War, it was amazing and it was reassuring that War had promised not to avoid him. However, Yin felt a deep guilt eating him up when he stared at War's sleeping face. This wasn't what he wanted, he didn't wanna mess the order.

They didn't even get to flirting stage, not even confession. This was too rushed and Yin regretted how weak his resistance is when it comes to War. It wasn't like Yin didn't enjoy their time together, it's just terrifies him how this could throw their still delicate relationship into the worst case scenario.

Yin drank up the sight of his sleeping partner once more before getting up. At least, Yin would like to keep this as a memory and hold himself back before everything was ruined. But still, when he came back from washing up and saw War sitting up, looking obviously sore from last night, Yin only smiled, realizing he still had after care to do.

"Breakfast in bed?"

-..............-

"Slow down, seriously", Yin looking at War who just got his third glass of beer that night.

War took a sip and shook his head, "C'mon, you know I have a high alcohol tolerance. It's fiine"

Yin just shook his head and let War drink, at least he had no intention of leaving War's side tonight. After all, Yin realized that War was drinking faster most likely because he was stressed out in this gathering environment. It's not a strange thing because even though the setting of this gathering is like a casual party, the things that are discussed are still technical things that might be boring for War.