Chapter 7

When the officer noticed that I saw him, he put his walkie-talkie back on his belt.

"You better not move an inch little witch, you're in a lot of trouble."

I glared at him. Many ideas were going through my head at a million miles per hour. I could run out the other end of the ally that wasn't currently being blocked, but it wouldn't be advisable to turn my back on the officer. I wouldn't know what his next move would be. He wouldn't expect it if I charged at him, and if I knock him to the ground, it would give me a few minutes to getaway. I decided that the latter idea would be the most successful. When the officer turned his head for just a second, I took the chance to grab my bag and charge at him. I caught him off guard and I managed to get him to the ground.

He was strong and managed to keep a good grip on my free arm. I swung my arm with the duffle bag and hit the officer as I tried to pull away. The hit the officer's head and the blow momentarily stunned him. It gave me just enough time to get out of his grasp and run.

I ran through the streets, not caring at all whether people saw me or not. Behind me, I could hear sirens getting closer and closer. A police car sped right next to me and skidded to a stop in front of me. I stopped, trying to find a new way to run, but more police cars arrived at the scene and blocked me on all sides. Officers got out of their cars, pistols in hand. The one in front of me came forward a bit more.

"Marabella, you sneaky little witch," my blood boiled at his words, "I have a proposal for you, how about you surrender I will release your mom." A smirk spread on his face. My eyes widened, he couldn't have my mom, right? If she saw my text she wouldn't have gone home, and she knows how to stay hidden, we have gone over multiple times what we would do if we had to run, although we hoped it would never result in that. There was no possible way that she would get caught, this stupid officer was bluffing. There was no way I was surrendering, I was not going to die like this. I pretended to think it over as I looked around for a way to escape. Just a few feet away was a stop sign. I could use my telekinesis, bring it towards me and jump on it. I wasn't sure if my powers were now strong enough to carry me on it but I could use multiple objects and parkour away.

I counted down from five before quickly using the power in me to levitate the stop sign. When it was close enough I jumped on it, I quickly brought other signs and objects towards me and jumped on those, quickly trying to get away, going higher and higher above the ground.

"GET HER!" I heard an officer say. I blocked myself with street signs and other pieces of metal as I heard gunshots go off. I jumped from sign to trashcan to even a car, trying to get away. I was leaping from object to object as I was six stories in the air, trying not to focus on the thought that if I made just one mistake, I could fall to my death. I just kept going and going. I was making ground and getting pretty far away when I heard a voice I recognized.

"Marabella Antoinette Cooper! Please! You have to listen to me!"

This caught my attention and I turned my head to see Aiden running behind me. In that slight distraction, I lost control of all the objects around me and I started to fall.

I crashed into a fifth-story window of an abandoned building, rolling onto the shattered glass-covered floor. All I could think about was the pain spreading to every part of my body.