a l o n e

James pulled up to his mother's house and hopped out of the car. Instead of going straight in like he normally would, James pulled out a cigarette. He lit it and took a dag feeling at ease already. It had been a while since he had to pull a cigarette out, but he needed it bad.

He couldn't believe his 'father' had the audacity to laugh at him as if he was a joke. Nothing about that meeting was productive. Looking back, James knew he could have been the bigger person to conduct himself more accordingly, however he couldn't control the emotions that brew inside of him at the time. However, he didn't regret the experience.

After smoking for a while, He headed inside. Before he could call Mo, he saw a text message from her saying she'd come and get him. He then texted her letting her know that he was home.

"Hey daddy!" Joy came from the back.

"Hey baby!" he slightly smiled.

He didn't even know how or when he was going to tell her about her mom. James took a seat on the couch and exhaled loudly. He didn't know what he was going to do.

Moments later, Mona knocked on the door as Joy sang to her favorite Disney show. James got up and opened the door to see her standing on the other side looking lovely as always. The two of them smiled widely as he pulled her into a hug.

"I missed you too," she laughed.

James continued holding her never wanting to let go. He drown in her scent and planted a soft kiss on her neck.

"Not right now," Mo whispered.

James pulled away chuckling and planted kisses to her lips. Mo pushed him slightly inviting herself in.

"Hi Joy!" she greeted.

Joy ignored her unintentionally due to being so into the TV show.

Mona smiled softly and turned her attention to James who hadn't let his eyes off her yet. She could tell fell the way his eyes set that he had been crying. She gave him a reassuring look causing him to smile soft. However, she knew something else was lingering in his eyes as well causing her to smirk. James slightly bit his lip and grabbed a treasure through her leggings.

"James," she laughed and moved his hand. "Get some of your things"

"For what?" he wondered.

"I want you to live with me," she smiled brightly.

"You foreal?"

Mona nodded as James stared at her then at Joy. He then looked back at her as Mona put the ring in his face.

"Come on babe... I think you need this," she remarked.

James nodded. He knew it'd be a time when they'd have to come together.

"I'll help," Mo cheered.

James chuckled because she was more excited than he was. He did however could get use to waking up to her face every morning. After getting Joy and his things together, they loaded the car. James obviously never came with much, but was eager to build more with Mona. Mona took off from his mothers as he made it a mental note to tell his mother about it later. He didn't want to wake her from her nap.

"Are you excited? How did the meeting go with your dad?" Mona wondered.

The only thing he could think about was her being naked in front of his eyes.

"Jameeesss snap out of it," she laughed.

"I'm horny babe," he spoke low.

Mona looked in the rearview mirror at Joy slowly drifting to sleep. James smirked as he slipped his hand in her leggings.