a l o n e

"Does he come in here a lot? You know I only come like every two weeks"
Sade stated.
Mona frowned slightly as she prepped her razor.
"Umm not really this is actually I think my second time seeing him"
she uttered.
"He is something fine I tell you...something fine!"
Sade remarked.
Mona chuckled at her friend and cleaned each brow with an alcohol drenched cotton ball.
"I think I want to try to get them threaded next time I hear it last much longer"
Sade mentioned.
"It does but I'd have to learn how to do it"
"It's nothing you can't do Mona"
Sade boasted making her feel warm inside. It was something her brother Megga use to tell her all the time. Sade had been there through thick and thin. She knew what he meant to her.

"Thank you"
"No problem" Ron spat and dapped up his client
"Aye...you thank I can get shawty number?"
he wondered.
Ron chuckled and passed him a sheet of paper.
"Just write it down"
"I 'preciate it"
"No problem"
Ron stated and watched as he soon left.

"Ouch!"
Sade joked.
"Quit silly!" Mona laughed.
While they laughed, everyone in the front room darted their attention his way.
Ron squinted his eyes and couldn't hardly recognize him. Him as in his old friend.
He turned his attention toward the only female beside's Mona.
"You take 'em Jaz"
he reported.
Jaz who was too busy on her phone didn't even hear him.
Ron shook his head and to quit from making a scene locked eyes with him and spat.

"What's good?"
"Just need a cut um is M-Mona here?"
James wondered. He couldn't remember her number that was on her business card, but so happened to see the address still present.
"You alright?"
Ron wondered.
James nodded his head and stared at him. He knew Ron. They had history and quite unfinished business, however James didn't hold grudges.
"She's actually with a client but you can sit in her seat right there"
Ron directed.
James followed instructions and sat in the chair.
He looked around like a lost puppy as if he hadn't been outside the doors of his mother's home in months.
Ron and the other barbers looked at him suspiciously and even had Jaz attention.
"You need a cut?" she questioned.
"I'm Mona's client"
James remarked.
"Oh"
she spoke slow.
Jaz sized him up as she went from his feet to his head. Yuck, she thought! Ron just didn't know what happened except for the fact that his former homeboy fell off.

"You know what you want?"
James shook his head and watched Jaz.
A chuckle escaped from her lips. He watched as she waltzed over to the waiting area and picked up what he assumed to be a hair magazine or something.
"Here... it's a lot of trending hairstyles in here! Might find something you like!"
she advised while handing him a book.
"Thank you!"
"No problem"
she mentioned.
"Mind grabbing Mona for me?"
Ron questioned.
Jaz glared at him and headed to the back, but not before earning a short nod from her.

"Hey Mona you have a client up there waiting on you!"
Jaz announced.
"Okay I'll be there in five,"
Mona remarked.
"Hurry up bitch. I'm trying to see if my man still out there"
Sade rushed.
"Okay okay!" Mona added.
She stepped back and retrieved a hand-held mirror from her desk in her hand.
"Look!" she ordered politely.
"Oooohhh Bitch you did that" Sade thanked.
Mona chuckled and walked to the front with Sade in tow.

James flipped through the pages rapidly as his mind raced. Was she here? Why was she taking so long? He wondered all of these things and had no idea that she had stepped in front of him.
"Hi" she spoke softly.
James glanced up and smiled smile trying not to do too much to cause even more attention to himself.
"Thank you...I'm the o-
"I know....your welcome" she smiled while ending his sentence.