Visiting an Old Home

Present Day

Alphys rushed inside, closing the door behind her. "P-Papyrus! C-can you gather everyone for me? I-I have news!" She asked the taller, seeing as Sans was passed out on the floor. She didn't ask why he was on the floor. Sans was a weird skeleton. "OF COURSE MISS ALPHYS! RIGHT AWAY!" Papyrus first picked up his older brother and plopped him on the couch before running around to find the others. Sans watch Alphys slip back outside through a cracked socket. Someone, he could tell, was out there waiting. It made him uneasy for some reason. He wondered if Papyrus could feel it. He closed his socket again. Papyrus found Undyne in the kitchen, smashing tomatoes with Frisk. Toriel watched, unsure of the unnecessary violence towards the fruits. "UNDYNE, FRISK, TORIEL TO THE LIVINGROOM! ALPHYS HAS NEWS!" The smashing stopped and Undyne snatched the child up, running to the livingroom. Toriel followed at a much slower pace. Papyrus followed behind. Asgore was on a business trip of some sort and wouldn't be able to attend. Grillby was at the bar and was also unable to attend. Papyrus sat beside his brother and Undyne. Frisk was at the end with Toriel standing beside them.

☢☢☢

"Thank you Papyrus." The younger nodded. "YOU'RE WELCOME!" Papyrus tilted his head, curious as to what news Alphys had. Undyne voiced his curiosity. "So what's up?" Alphys shuffled. "W-well.. I have noticed an anomaly that was in our world, in th-the Underground. So I did some digging.. I think I fixed it." Sans knew about the anomaly. He knew Frisk was the anomaly, so what did Alphys mean? "Fix it? What was it?" Toriel asked. "Not what.. who." Alphys opened the door gesturing for someone to come in. Papyrus wasn't sure how to react when they did. He elbowed his brother, looking for a bit of help. Sans jolted, startled by Pap's jab at him. He looked to Papyrus, who's sockets were locked on someone. "This is Dr. WD Gaster. He was trapped outside of time and space.." Gaster serveyed the room, landing on the skeleton brothers.

☢☢☢

"I wasn't aware that there were other skeletons." He commented. Sans sat up, tilting his head. He kept a level head. "we thought we were the only ones too.. huh. guess you learn something new everyday, right pap?" He looked to his little brother who took a moment to realize he'd been addressed. "YES, YES, QUITE RIGHT BROTHER.. I APOLOGIZE, I'M JUST A BIT IN SHOCK." Sans patted his bro's shoulder. "I quite understand your feelings. I thought I was the last."
"guess not. i'm sans, by the way, and this is my baby bro papyrus. i hope you know how to greet a new pal." Sans got up to shake hands with Gaster, who responded in kind. It felt a bit strange to Sans, shaking hands with his creator, but it seemed Gaster didn't know. How could he? His experiments weren't bipedal, they were quadralpedal. Beasts as far as he was concerned. "so.. a scientist, huh?"
"Oh yes. I was the Royal Scientist before Dr. Alphys here and my last experiments were- my last experiments!" Gaster rushed to the door. "what's wrong buddy?"
"My experiments! They were meant for war. I must see if they still live!"
"W-weapons..?" Papyrus gave Sans a nervous look. Sans would have to talk with him later. "Yes. At the time, the king had declared war on the humans. So I'd made weapons. A wolf and a dragon to destroy his enemies."
"What are we waiting for?" Undyne asked. "Let's go!"

☢☢☢

Gaster lead the group through familiar passages and halls. Alphys had no clue a third lab complex even existed. This complex had been specifically for the weapons. "is it even safe to bring a group of monsters to likely starving beasts?" Sans played along with this game, not wanting Gaster to know that his beasts were walking at his side. "We aren't going into the kennel. We are heading to the observation chamber beside it." Gaster explained. "I SEE.. HOW DANGEROUS ARE THEY?" Papyrus had gotten the hint to play along. "They are weapons, so I'd assume highly." Undyne pushed Papyrus' shoulder. "So keep your guard up!" Gaster noticed it immediately. "NO, NO, NO!" He rushed to the opened gate. "This is bad. Very bad!"
"Th-they've escaped.." Everyone got a lot more tense, Toriel pulled Frisk to her side. Sans didn't need to duck to get in. Papyrus did. "What are you doing?!" Gaster panicked. "need to find clues if you're going to find them." Papyrus looked to his brother, startled. "What are you doing?!" He whisper yelled as they entered the kennel. "playing along. what he doesn't know won't hurt him.. or us."

☢☢☢

Papyrus matched his phalanges to a set of claw marks. They were so much bigger, even if they were only pups back then. There was an odd sense of nostalgia. It was their second home after all. He looked up to the rafters. He was pretty sure his rubber bone was up there somewhere. He then looked to the ripped apart tire swing. "THEY WERE VERY STRONG." Gaster walked over. "Yes. Very dangerous too. I may not be able to capture them myself.." Gaster sighed. "then we'll help." Everyone looked at Sans, who was tossing a ball up and catching it. "Did you just-"
"OFFER TO DO WORK?" Papyrus finished Undyne's sentence. "uh.. i guess?" He caught the ball again and walked over to the gate. "look here. these are claw marks. i think they figured out how to lift the gate. i noticed these on the elevator doors earlier too. so they are not down here anymore." Sans concluded. Papyrus was internally panicking. Why was Sans giving so much information?! Gaster trailed a hand across the deep fissures. "He's right.."
"and, if they are wild animals, the place they'd feel safest.."
"Snowdin Forest.."
"bingo buddo." Sans winked. "I-I'm impressed.." Alphys stuttered.